Logged in users > User Diaries

My Notebook

<< < (2/2)

DamonHD:
A USB (2TB) drive, and Google Drive for anything non-sensitive.

While I have been away from home the Google Drive has been helpful, and I can choose to share things directly with other people from there if I want to:

http://www.earth.org.uk/note-on-backup-energy-efficiency.html

Rgds

Damon

OperaHouse:
I got a fined oil type space heater at a garage sale for $2.  They said it worked. Must have been past tense as it had burned connectors and switches that were stuck. Thought it might be nice to take the chill off the house.  So that spurned me to go out and buy four new Trina 280W panels.  I had just paid someone to kill my dog for the same price and I didn't enjoy that at all.

I have learned a few important things from the Mark I system.

1. If you design a very efficient system, you can live quite high on the hog for not much money and nothing more than a car battery is needed.

2. While my wife is very happy with the current system, she has no interest in the experiment or learning any simple rules as to its use.

So now I am going to try heating the house with PV the same way I do with water. It won't exactly be a minimalist system. It will likely still be the only system in the world with over 2500W of panels going into a car battery.

OperaHouse:
Got some enphase M215 given to me.  If you are thinking about tearing one open, forget it.  Here is what it looks like when the aluminum plate is removed.   I tried cutting out a section to get the teo step up transformers.  There was this white cap that I thought was a fill or vent for the potting material.  If you look at the center there is a circle with two LED or receiver and transmitter.  I've done this trick with production boards sending out data to the power on LED.  Well at least I have a bunch of MC4 connectors from this scrap.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version