Author Topic: Link: Worrisome Results From Canberra's Battery Test Centre  (Read 2198 times)

SparWeb

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Wind Turbine Project Field Notes
https://www.solarquotes.com.au/blog/battery-test-centre-results/?utm_campaign=sq_news_weekly&utm_content=180619+weekly+newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_source=getresponse

An Australian promoter of RE (mostly solar) does a head-to-head test of common batteries for RE.  The results are... meh...

I can find some words in the defense of these manufacturers;
Delivery from anywhere in the world to Australia is difficult at best. When handling such heavy items, consider the customs officials mucking about with every shipment. Much of the delivery time is not under the supplier's control (though in the case of Tesla, I really do believe they were not shipped on time).

They also seem to be choosing the "bottom dollar" cells for their tests.

Other than that, the results sound like they are valuable, wherever you are.  Stay tuned for more, since the tests seem to be ongoing...
No one believes the theory except the one who developed it. Everyone believes the experiment except the one who ran it.
System spec: 135w BP multicrystalline panels, Xantrex C40, DIY 10ft (3m) diameter wind turbine, Tri-Star TS60, 800AH x 24V AGM Battery, Xantrex SW4024
www.sparweb.ca

dnix71

• SuperHero Member
Re: Link: Worrisome Results From Canberra's Battery Test Centre
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2018, 09:05:13 PM »
What a tiny planet we live on. I noticed decent reviews for a US made lithium iron phosphate battery called Simpliphi and their distributor is listed as having two offices near me. I need to email them, though. The info from their website is a mess. I work at 3155 N Andrews Ave *Extension* at the first address listed. The zip code is correct, but the *extension* part is required on the address otherwise map searches send you to Fort Lauderdale to an address just off Oakland Park Blvd.
Miami IS NOT Pompano Beach. It isn't even in the same county. The second address is Tampa Bay. I am from Tampa. There is a bay, but no one lives there unless they sleep with the fishes. Sarasota IS NOT Tampa, either. It isn't even in the same county. Whoever wrote up the page has obviously never lived here. That is not a good sign.

Miami, FL
3139 N Andrews Ave Pompano Beach, FL 33064
(203) 233-5035 www.cedgreentechse.com
Mike O'Neil
mikeo@cedgreentechse.com
Tampa Bay, FL
7246 16th St. E, Suite 108, Sarasota, FL 34243
(941) 413-0403 www.cedgreentechse.com
Jim Stevens
Garrett Turrell
jim@cedgreentechfl.com garrett@cedgreentechfl.com

Bruce S

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
  • USA
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2018, 08:36:53 AM »
I'll be interested in those too.
A kind word often goes unsaid BUT never goes unheard

dnix71

• SuperHero Member
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2018, 06:42:58 PM »
I went by today after work. The Pompano address is actually in the same building as I work. #4. The address threw me off, because 3135 is stencilled on the building, but 3139 is over the door. That kind of mess is common here. There is no one in the building yet. There was an electrician on a high lift installing lights. He said CED Electric was coming in eventually, but didn't know when. CED seems to be a chain of affliated local electrical suppliers rather than a single company. http://ced-miami.com/

The last tenant was Monark, distributor of high-end kitchen appliances. They are still around but not in that warehouse bay anymore. https://www.monarkhome.com/Luxury-kitchen-appliance-store-pompano-beach