Remote Living > Lighting

LED Lighting for 24 VDC Ststems

<< < (4/6) > >>

Simen:
You could keep the 24 V on the longer runs, and putting a smaller dc-dc converter at the load end. I have some routers and switches that i want to run directly from the bank, but they want 12.0 V +/- 5%, so putting a smaller converter (adjusted to 12.5 V) at the end, near the equipment would keep the voltage steady.
It does add to the complexity of the system, though... :)

armadillo:

--- Quote from: Bruce S on September 11, 2017, 04:20:12 PM ---Your best bet would be to email Superbrightleds directly
They are nice people only 15 miles from my house and almost became my employer.
Their website has changed again, the older one had way too much info for the average user. Looks like they've dumbed it down unfortunately.

Hope that helps
Bruce S

--- End quote ---
Well I just called them. They told me their 24 volt LED's did not have any range, just 24 volts. He told me they weren't made for solar or any battery bank, they were made for grid 120 VAC with a converter for 24 VDC.

DamonHD:
Sounds like you got the office junior on the phone!

They do "not have any range"?  So is that 24.0V or 24.00000000000000000V?  Not a sensible or useful answer, nor one good for customers or sales.

Rgds

Damon

armadillo:

--- Quote from: DamonHD on September 13, 2017, 02:03:59 PM ---Sounds like you got the office junior on the phone!

They do "not have any range"?  So is that 24.0V or 24.00000000000000000V?  Not a sensible or useful answer, nor one good for customers or sales.

Rgds

Damon

--- End quote ---
Yes, I think I got the office idiot. He could not seem to comprehend that many or most people looking for lighting for 24 volt systems need components that can survive normal system operating voltages and that many of the "24 volt" lights he sells probably have a very short lifespan because of that if the range is truly 24 volts. I even explained that "24 volts" is not a range, but that didn't sink in either.

Bruce S:
It does sound like you got a new person. I'm not even sure if this guy actually passed the test they give.

Give me a little bit, I'll go visit them and see who's training these bozos and get the info.  8)

Their original biz was replacement bulbs for cars.

Bruce S

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version