Newbies > Newbies

Have a running Hydro System. Want to add Solar for backup...Questions

<< < (4/4)

kcebcj:
Hello

Yep the turbine is continuous power 24/7 11.5 amps @ 48 volts. What has changed is I had a lesser snow pack up behind me and this summer was mid 90's for 3 months so the creek where the turbine is set up really got lower then I have ever seen it so to protect the creek and everything that lives in it between the catch and the turbine exhaust, I turned the turbine and everything in the house down that was not necessary and kept a decent flow in the creek. The turbine was producing about 9 amps

So with the panels I want to take up the slack during the summer if the turbine needs to be slowed down again. The panels would only need to run maybe 4 months max and maybe I could run a A/C couple hours a day just to cool things down.

Another thing the 48 volt battery pack I have just hit it's 20 year mark this year and I don't think it's holding the charge as well as it was as the diversion rarely comes on but it is still on the warm side so will see if that changes when it cools down.

As for the temp controls. I have one on the batteries that goes into the Outback inverter but nothing to the C40 controller. When I set up the panels next spring I will make sure all that stuff is right and coordinated properly. Thanks for the tip.

SparWeb:
You're welcome.  I have a stack of Absolyte 90A's myself and they're just about as old, too.  Excellent, aren't they?  Mine have swelled a bit over the years, but still going strong.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version