Remote Living > Heating

Running 24 VDC Freezer off 48 VDC Battery Bank

<< < (2/2)

joestue:
I made a buck converter with two irfz46 fets and it turned 50v at 5 amps into 24v at 10 amps iirc, running on a fixed 50% duty cycle, so thats 97% approximately.

You could probably find a pwm generator board on ebay for 3$ and the rest of the components could be found from scrap electronic crap. If you could find a 5v cellphone charger to supply 5v to the pwm board from a 48v bank you could wouldnt have to build a linear regulator to do it, saving a couple bucks

armadillo:

--- Quote from: joestue on September 20, 2017, 10:42:05 PM ---I made a buck converter with two irfz46 fets and it turned 50v at 5 amps into 24v at 10 amps iirc, running on a fixed 50% duty cycle, so thats 97% approximately.

You could probably find a pwm generator board on ebay for 3$ and the rest of the components could be found from scrap electronic crap. If you could find a 5v cellphone charger to supply 5v to the pwm board from a 48v bank you could wouldnt have to build a linear regulator to do it, saving a couple bucks

--- End quote ---
I'm not an electronics guy by any stretch of the imagination. You're way over my head.  Thanks for your reply.

kitestrings:
We use a couple of these converters to power a 24V Steca freezer & 12V fridge off 48V bank:
http://www.solarconverters.com/products/constant-voltage-regulatordc-dc-transformer/step-dc-dc-transformer-2/

Good quality, inexpensive, good support, but poor website.  You can get more info and cost at several online sites like Kansas Wind, AltE, Drake Solar Seller.

Good luck, ~ks

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version