Homebrewed Electricity > Controls

Solar dishwasher is up and running

<< < (2/4) > >>

OperaHouse:
That was the idea. the dishwasher program gives ample time to fill the tub to cover varying water pressure conditions.  The high level switch just interrupts the fill valve directly.  It is a little strange that if there was no water that the dishwasher wouldn't know it. From tests it appears I have a good 20 seconds I can waste.  I could pulse the pump but that seems like it might take extra time.  It is easier just to have a valve open for 15 seconds to flush water through the house pipes and then allow it to fill the washer.  We are coming on cold times and that extra step may be needed as the water heaters are outside the house in the power shed.  Those will be some cold pipes that have to warm up.

Bruce S:
That idea helped me with our outside sink!. I have those fill valves just waiting for a reason to be used. I quickly wired one up to a foot switch, once pressed it allows the water to start being pumped from the 15gal grey water and rain water barrel. We use this for de-mucking . I've learned that coffee and potting soil are not compatible when trying to quench my thirst.
So I set up a cute little SS sink , but didn't want to leave the tubes connected to outside faucet (we're coming up on fall/winter and it get completely turned off inside the house and the valve allowed to dry before closing.

Using you're idea, I hooked up a waterproof setup that runs a small submersible pump that merely recirculates the water. The soap keeps the bugs at bay and my coffee tastes much better. 

DamonHD:

--- Quote from: Bruce S on October 02, 2017, 09:57:42 AM ---I've learned that coffee and potting soil are not compatible when trying to quench my thirst.

--- End quote ---

Maybe you've been spending too much on coffee and too little on soil.  The right price could make them interchangeable...

(Now I have started using a little French press for my nice coffee, I must make more of an effort to get the spent grounds to the compost heap where they should become soil...)

Rgds

Damon

Bruce S:
While those French presses are "nice" they're too labor intensive for me.
One of the more interesting things I've found by talking with field people who do extensive studies; is that it not the ground that worms like it's the caffeine. Worms actually don't like the grounds (it hurts their skin), but like humans they get a rush from the caffeine.

DamonHD:
Well, well, you learn something every day.

Still, I'm happy with hyper worms chewing the rest of the stuff double-quick.

Rgds

Damon

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version