Homebrewed Electricity > Controls

Faulty Power Jack 24v 5000watt split phase 110/240V,Please help.

<< < (2/2)

fabieville:
how do i go about disabling/removing/adjusting the overvoltage protection on the control board? Where exactly on the board i would find that section or which chip would deal with that?

I am guessing if that section is disable i could be able to use the inverter with a voltage rising up to about 29v?

clockmanFRA:
Hi fabieville,

As OperaHouse says......
"Powerjack always seems to have a lot of second thoughts on their boards with a lot of mods.  Anotherpower and backshed seem to have people who have worked these issues."

The Australian 'Backshed Forum' has a lot of Info on the PowerJacks.

At one time we used the biggest 48v 230vac PowerJack PCB's and modified accordingly. However we found Quality control and availability of the Chinese PCBs a real problem.

In the end we developed our own simple and robust OzControl PCB, 6Kw-15kW Power Board PCB and the Ozcooling PCB for the DIY (make your own) OzInverter.

JW:
https://www.fieldlines.com/index.php/topic,149427.0.html

https://www.fieldlines.com/index.php/topic,149131.0.html

I have some other useful info but cant find it at the moment

fabieville:
Recently the inverter stop working. I heard a loud bang sound from it and immediately there was no output. When i open it i discovered about 8 fets got damage. I change all of the fets a total of 24.
I turn it on after the repair and it came on but with no output. On the LCD shows that it is drawing about 550watt which currently I do not have any load on it and it shows about 27vac output.

When  i test the output with my multimeter I don't get reading. I am wondering if something got damage on the control board as well or maybe the transformer got damage?

At the time when the loud bang occur i was drawing just some small loads just about 200watt and there wasn't any form of short circuit or overload in the house so i am kinda confused as to how the fets got damage.

Could it be the that the control board is giving problems as well or is it that the transformer got damage?

I examine the transformer and i don't see any form of damage I only notice that it has 5 wires coming from it. 2 heavy gauge wires and 3 smaller gauge wires and when you test them with the multimeter I get open/continuous reading on all of them. The transformer is a toroid design, is this a normal reading for it?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version