Homebrewed Electricity > Wind

axial generator with lamination core

<< < (149/149)

mbouwer:

Isn't this just an axial version just like a radial version where there is a stator with teeth built up from stator sheet laminations.
The iron of the stator and the cores of the coils must be able to change polarity very quickly and must not become permanently magnetic.

MattM:
It would be interesting to see if that was the case by mounting freely rotating magnets under each coil.  If a north magnet was above the coil then the magnet under the coil should rotate its south pole towards the coil.  But I believe that all the magnets interact simultaneously.  The magnetic fields and coils do not match in numbers, so in reality only one coil at a time should truly be under polarization.  The others are all in a state of transition.

brandnewb:
Ok here goes nothing.

At my dear dutch brother in arms. Do you have a test bench to test several configurations?

I am still working on mine. Perhaps we can share notes on how to make a viable test bench.

After all I have come to trust that demonstrations are worth "1 million dollars ;) wink with pinky at mouth" famous quotes dr evil. Austin powers films.

I propose that the sooner we are able to break out of hypothesis{1} or gut feelings, or leaning on notions or in general not really carefully looking into the matter at hand{1} with field data the faster we can help advance the field.
{2}perhaps this is not the correct thread to demonstrate the importance of this concept But I have been unable to demonstrate that stacking a specific type of magnets would result in a specific type on field increase. Even though it was generally assumed it would have been{2}

mbouwer:
Small axial generator to build a working model of a windmill.

mbouwer:

9 coils / 12 magnets.
According to the Bavaria Winding Diagram Table, 9 coils / 10 magnets would be a better combination.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version