Author Topic: Kragten Design no longer a commercial company  (Read 2380 times)

Adriaan Kragten

Kragten Design no longer a commercial company
« on: December 01, 2017, 01:08:51 PM »
I am 70 years old now and I am almost five years retired and so I decided to no longer perform commercial activities. This means that I will no longer accept paid design work and that the licenses for my bigger VIRYA wind turbines, for which a licence fee was required, are no longer available. So everything what you can find on my website www.kdwindturbines.nl is available for free. You find more than 60 public KD-reports about different technical aspects of small windmills and seven VIRYA designs including drawings of small battery charging windmills. A guide through most of my reports is given in the note: "Sequence of KD-reports for self-study" which you find at the top of the menu "KD-reports". More information about the change is given in the folder of Kragten Design at the menu "Home". This new policy is in better accordance with the policy of Otherpower.

JW

• Development Manager
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Flashsteam.com
Re: Kragten Design no longer a commercial company
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2017, 09:48:58 PM »
Hi,

I took the time to check out the KD Reports http://kdwindturbines.nl/kd-reports/

I found one report I really liked but could not find it again.

The list does not give a description with the links(just numbers) so its hard to browse the list. 

electrondady1

• SuperHero Member
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2017, 08:04:36 AM »
congratulations on reaching your 70th year Adriaan. i 'm still a young sapling @66
een jong jong boompje

Adriaan Kragten

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2017, 04:05:50 PM »
The first note at the menu "KD-reports" is the list with all the public KD-reports. Every report has a rather long title so reading the titles gives you a good impression of the content of each report. First I thought that this list is enough to find the subject in which you might be interested. But I still got questions which indicated that people don't read the list or that they don't understand the title. So I wrote the second note "Sequence of KD-reports for self-study". This is a story of two pages which tells you which report you can study if you want information about a certain aspect of the design of a wind turbine, like the rotor, the generator, the safety system, the tower and the electronics. This second note was derived from the program of a wind energy course which I gave in Tanzania. Reading this second note doesn't take more than five minutes, so I really don't know how I can give a more efficient method to find your way on my website.

JW

• Development Manager
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Flashsteam.com

keithturtle

• Things that fly
    • aftertherapture
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2017, 03:00:29 AM »
Thank you for sharing your years of experience with us.  I plan on building some of the designs soon

Turtle
soli deo gloria

SparWeb

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Wind Turbine Project Field Notes
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2017, 11:29:59 PM »
Thank you Adriaan.  Your work has been interesting reading ever since you joined 5 years ago.  Looking forward to many more! 
No one believes the theory except the one who developed it. Everyone believes the experiment except the one who ran it.
System spec: 135w BP multicrystalline panels, Xantrex C40, DIY 10ft (3m) diameter wind turbine, Tri-Star TS60, 800AH x 24V AGM Battery, Xantrex SW4024
www.sparweb.ca

Adriaan Kragten

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2017, 03:50:01 AM »
The link which JW placed to the list with KD-reports is no longer working because I have changed the list. The new list is on top of the menu KD-reports on my website www.kdwindturbines.nl. The second file, which is the folder "Sequence of KD-reports for self-study", has been changed too.

Adriaan Kragten

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2018, 02:31:31 PM »
On 1-12-2017 I have stopped my commercial activities and from 1-1-2018, I am no longer registered as a member of the chamber of commerce. So the company Kragten Design has officially been ended. But my website www.kdwindturbines.nl will be maintained as long as possible and I will continue to answer technical questions about wind turbines on this forum and on the Dutch Ecologieforum. Best wishes for 2018.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 02:36:04 PM by Adriaan Kragten »