Author Topic: True Trace dual Axis tracer valve  (Read 213 times)

JW

• Development Manager
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Flashsteam.com
True Trace dual Axis tracer valve
« on: March 01, 2024, 11:20:39 PM »
5 ten 1000 defect cut trace... This particular defect drove me nuts for 5 years....

Were talking about a 24 in swing jaw chuk.

JW

• Development Manager
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Flashsteam.com
Re: True Trace dual Axis tracer valve
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2024, 11:33:41 PM »
At one point on this machine the 30HP 3 phase 460 volt motor failed, the motor was at the top of the machine. At the moment of failure then 30hp electric motor exploder into a huge blue electric flux, the operator was in a trance and I was casually walked by and hit the stop button for him. At this point I invented a safety interlock so that the machine would shut its self off with out me.

Thennn!!! by the end of the day we had to install a new  30hp motor with an engine crane. by 8AM the next morning we were fully back in operation.

JW

• Development Manager
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Flashsteam.com
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2024, 11:35:52 PM »
The thing was like 450lbs. it was 6 feet up.

JW

• Development Manager
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Flashsteam.com
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2024, 11:51:17 PM »
5 ten 1000 defect cut trace... This particular defect drove me nuts for 5 years....

Were talking about a 24 in swing jaw chuk. lathe

The defect was only visible not a safety issue. I must have rebuilt the truetrace circuit 10 times... I spoke with rosebroke after they took over true trace. The Guy there told me its coming from the machine/lathe not the tracer circuit. It turns out he was right....

You see there was a electric hydraulic valve switched on by the PLC well the mosfet was not transferring 100 percent current and the solenoid shuttered. This from the electric switch from the machine not the tracer.

I sweare to you I reboiult the traccer hydralic circiut over 50 times.