Author Topic: Cheap "MOS boards"?  (Read 2570 times)

jydog

Cheap "MOS boards"?
« on: February 10, 2018, 09:03:55 AM »
Picked up a number of the cheap ($0.99) 3 fet boards on ebay to experiment with.   Is there a schematic laying around for them?

They are listed such as "Mos board for xx00w LF psw inverter DC xxV main board".

Guessing the fets are lossy limiting their efficency.  Has anyone used these?

SparWeb

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Wind Turbine Project Field Notes
Re: Cheap "MOS boards"?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2018, 10:54:38 AM »
...for xx00w LF psw inverter...

Hmmm.... sounds like a board intended to be packaged inside some other product.  If you retrace your steps, can you identify what product it was destined for?
No one believes the theory except the one who developed it. Everyone believes the experiment except the one who ran it.
System spec: 135w BP multicrystalline panels, Xantrex C40, DIY 10ft (3m) diameter wind turbine, Tri-Star TS60, 800AH x 24V AGM Battery, Xantrex SW4024
www.sparweb.ca

jydog

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2018, 02:17:10 PM »
They are replacement mosfet boards for PJ LF inverters, I believe.

Just would like to see what I can do with them.

OperaHouse

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2018, 04:08:18 PM »
All the FET will be in parallel.  Each FET should have a 4-10 ohm resistor in series with the gate and a 10K pull down resistor to the source. Two or four boards would be needed to make an inverter.  I'd be interested what FET they use as it might be suitable for my water heating project.  What would you like to build as a project.  I have casually looked at these and thought it would make assembly quicker. Just bought some too. I imagine they are just 55V FET that cost about 30 cents each.  I do like the modularity without the necessity to solder and you can add a fourth FET.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 11:34:45 PM by OperaHouse »

Mary B

• Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2018, 06:56:31 PM »
Grabbed a few, might make a handy DC switch also...

OperaHouse

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2018, 12:12:35 PM »
Well, did you actually get any?  Mine say they were shipped Feb 10, but were never accepted on tracking.  Think they just wanted out money for a while till we ask for a refund.

Mary B

• Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2018, 07:55:07 PM »
Mine shipped the 10th, stuff form China can take 4 weeks so I am giving it until March 10th before filing an item not received claim.

OperaHouse

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2018, 08:33:44 AM »
Lotsa luck. Unfortunately, ebay makes you wait that long.  These were shipped E packet and there is no acceptance by PO is shown. If the PO doesn't have it by now, you will never get it. I have things ordered weeks later in CNY that have arrived already. It was an impulse buy and I'm pretty happy I won't get them.

clockmanFRA

• Renewable Energy creation
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2018, 03:39:02 PM »
Yes, its getting really common here in Europe with regards buying stuff with Aliexpress, you get a tracking number and dispatch date but there are no goods.

Several times I have got my money back from fleebay and now from Playpal, as the order so called dispatched is false, and the tracking number with no goods is fraud.

Everything is possible, just give me time.

OzInverter man. Normandy France.
http://www.bryanhorology.com/renewable-energy-creation.php

3 Hugh P's 3.7m Wind T's (12 years) .. 5kW PV on 3 Trackers, (8 yrs) .. 9kW PV AC coupled to OzInverter MINI Grid, back charging AC Coupling to 48v 1300ah battery

Bruce S

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
  • USA
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2018, 09:01:16 AM »
I have had one 1 such issue with a shipper , of things it was those little LiPo battery stackers, ordered a whole bag of them. It showed shipped for 2 months, then when I contacted Aliexpress about refund did the shipper really start talking.

I allowed one more extension and TADA! it arrived 3 days later. My bet is it was in USA all the time and they were hoping I just forgot about it. I had gotten all the other stuff well before Christmas .

Bruce S
A kind word often goes unsaid BUT never goes unheard