Microcontrollers > Microcontrollers/General

ISOLATED 1 & 3 Phase Wind Voltage Converter for Micro

(1/11) > >>

OperaHouse:
Opto isolated voltage board for 3 phase wind turbines for use with ARDUINO based four relay
dump load controller. Electrical isolation and some lightning protection. Suggest adding MOV to
pins 1 & 2 of opto to ground as isolation could be as low as 3KV. Single phase is easy to
calibrate with variac or several transformers in buck or boost. Set normal output from 2-2.5V
to prevent clamping of waveform. Opto can be from 30% transfer up to 300%. You never know exactly
what it will be. Adjusting to this voltage will prevent peaks from flat topping and being non linear.
Suggest replace pot with nearest fixed resistor to prevent erratic operation due to environmental
corrosion. Any opto isolator will do.  The PC817 is common in most wall warts and switching supplies
of home electronics.  Should be easy to come by. The dot on the top is pin one. Shown as a top view.
Any small diode can be used as reverse voltage will be under 6V. LED current is just a couple of ma.
Suggest placing the 22K or 33K resistors at the terminal end that connects to the wind voltage. Shrink
along with connector.  This eliminates the need for a fuse and allows using thin moderately insulated
wires going to the rectifier. Any short will not cause a wire to burn up. 1/2 W att would be sufficient
though prefer 1W resistors. Tested and works well for your application.

Opto isolator voltage transfer is not perfectly linear, but close enough for limited voltage range.
You are primrily interested in counts.

ontfarmer:
May be the first of the week before I get back,  got a doctor appointment today.

Thanks for putting that together.

ontfarmer:
Update on what I have put together.  This is to replace the voltage control switches that control the restive heaters.  I got the switches from Solar Converts which has closed their doors.

This is to rectify and reduce voltage for a micro.  The resistors are 33K, diodes in4007,  opto isolator PC817.  The turbine is three phase,  A B C  of the diagram to hooked to a leg of the turbine.

OperaHouse:
I'm curious what PC817 you have.  There should be a letter up by the dimple...A, B, C, or none. Could be after the 817. You are forgiven if you can not see it. I have to use a USB microscope these days.  Everyone should have one of these.  They are great!

ontfarmer:
There is no letter by the dimple that I can see. The number  817D  and under that 729 is all I see.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version