Homebrewed Electricity > Temporary power

When the power goes out

(1/37) > >>

JW:
When the power goes out, I have a temporarily system ready to go.

Im have a auto repair shop and stock like 6 Interstate batteries. I also have two battery's that I always keep fully charged. Each battery runs like over 6 hours with a high load, but way longer with a light load.

The inverter powers a smart TV like 44 inch and a DVD and Blue Ray player.

The TV system only pulls 66watts while running, it has a display on the inverter, Its a 12volt system.

I also use paraffin lamps.

I will take some pictures and update.

hiker:
I keep a couple storage batts..charged...my lamps use L.E.Ds...they only draw a few watts...couple candles ....and my exersize bike alt..charge batts..lights....small 50 watt.solar panel..and a windgen if needed...😜

electrondady1:
when the power goes out i take a nap. when the power comes  back on i wake up

OperaHouse:
Technically my non essential loads at my camp run on one one old Interstate battery that won't start a car any more.  I get lights from that and can run a DVD and TV for several hours. And I can drag it down to death without any concern for its life.

JW:
My inverter has an audible alarm and shuts down when the voltage drops to 11 volts. A deep cycle battery can be used when totally draining power, probably would have to use two 6 volt in series. Im just running 12volts auto battery.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version