Homebrewed Electricity > Site News

IE may cause display issues

(1/4) > >>

JW:
Since all the upgrades fieldlines does not support IE anymore. I think firefox is ok to use. Im using Chrome now.

SparWeb:
At first, it sounds like sticking it to the man, but then come the doubts. 
What do the site stats say? 
Typically, administrators can read a report of site traffic broken down by browser type.  What % of the traffic was using IE last month?
My website's traffic is:
   Google Chrome      36.6 %   
   MS Internet Explorer   18.9 %   
   Firefox      17.4 %   
   Mozilla      7.5 %
   Unknown      7.2 %
   Safari      6.8 %   
   Edge         2.4 %   
   Opera      2.2 %

Assuming that Fieldlines' traffic has a similar breakdown, is it OK to lose 1/5 of our visitors? 
What about members who aren't computer savvy and won't it figure out?
How are they even supposed to find out?

JW:
When I pay my business taxes the site says do not use IE. I've tried a couple of times and it does not work, I use Firefox.

There are several issues, posts that have broken images and what not can be caused by IE.

for those using IE it will still work (as best as it can) so its just a recommendation...

But its best that we say, IE may be the problem, if your having problems.

We have not blocked anything, so those using IE may have a glitch but the site will still work for them.   

using Google Chrome users will get the best results.

dnix71:
IE is the second tier browser in Windows 10. MS wants to move to "Edge" and eliminate IE altogether as a way of coercing Windows users into adopting 10. Support for 7 stops in about 2 years.

The joke about IE was that it is the browser you use to download a better browser. As much as people dislike Edge, I suspect that will continue to happen.

I still use Firefox even though it has a very small market share, because there are many addon script blockers that I can use to protect me from internet hacks and malware.

I never use Chrome, in part because it won't allow you to save youtube videos. Since I use a Mac, I have Safari as a backup, as well as Opera and Brave. Chrome gets installed by default with many other program packages, but I always uncheck it.

Bruce S:
Unfortunately , because there are still lazy programmers hanging around, at work we still have i.e. installed.

Personally, I use FireFox the most because of the multi-user container and ad-blocks that allow me to do stuff.

Chrome is starting to act like a bully, therefore I limit my use of it, but work endorses it so....:-).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version