Microcontrollers > Microcontrollers/General

circuit pathways?

<< < (2/2)

frackers:
After the usual making of crystal sets winding coils on a cardboard toilet roll, I progressed to the Philips Electronic Engineer kit - somewhere about 1963/4. If you look at the pictures on-line   

you'll see how clever it was with a piece of card with the schematic on it, a hole at each junction with a spring clip that held the components with a few connecting wires. No PCBs, no soldering and a range of projects to play with from flashing lights and beeps to radios.

I doubt that anything like this is available now but take a look at some of the images and you'll start to see the relationship between component and schematic and what makes the whole circuit work.

OperaHouse:
That reminds me of what I saw a while ago.  The guy just drew a big schematic and attached it to a piece of cardboard.  Then stuck an ice pick where the components went. It made understanding the schematic easier.  No need to convert thought from schematic to wiring.  Doing the same thing to a wood board with screws would work in place of springs.

Mary B:
One of my early projects was like this one. Simple 1 tube CW transmitter to go with the cheap shortwave receiver I had.

OperaHouse:
Some of the best videos for understanding electronics are on EEVblog.com and they are also entertaining.  They explain the basics and advanced considerations at the same time for each subject.

johnnym:
Cool, thanks every one. I think someone should write a "Electronic Circuits for Dummies" book.

Ok, after typing that last sentence I decided to look it up and someone or some company did write such a book.

The pictures of the old school examples are very cool. Like a simplicity to it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version