Author Topic: FS Tristar MPPT-45 mppt charge controller, new/other  (Read 1977 times)

Mary B

• Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
FS Tristar MPPT-45 mppt charge controller, new/other
« on: November 04, 2018, 05:11:01 PM »
Selling my spare MPPT-45, swapping to heating hot water since half my battery bank just puked(7 years hard use of golf cart bats). Until I find a better alternative battery I am not replacing these. And the MPPT-45 I use to charge is still going strong.

Spare was screwed to the panel but never connected. Knockouts are all still in place, includes battery temp sensor, manual, mounting screws, and a data cable since I have a bunch of them. Brand new, maybe a little dust...

These are $478 new, asking $425 + actual shipping USPS priority mail. Also listing on ebay so it might go fast...

XeonPony

• Global Moderator
  • Sanity is over rated!
Re: FS Tristar MPPT-45 mppt charge controller, new/other
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2018, 09:15:07 PM »
I'll add they are an amazing controller, very versatile and reliable and amazing suport and they keep on the bios updates for them.

too small for my needs other wise I'd jump on it (if things would stop breaking and animals getting sick!)
Ignorance is not bliss, You may not know there is a semie behind you but you'll still be a hood ornimant!

Nothing fails like prayer, Two hands clasped in work will achieve more in a minute then a billion will in a melenia in prayer. In other words go out and do some real good by helping!

Mary B

• Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2018, 05:01:14 PM »
Yeah I am moving to a higher voltage system and this won't cut it. Great for 12/24/48 volt battery system though! Electric rates are getting nuts here and one of my biggest users is the water heater so it is going to a solar preheat tank... and a smaller battery bank to just run the radio gear/backup the corn stove. So one mppt-45 will handle that and I don't need this spare.

Mary B

• Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2018, 01:04:53 AM »
Sale pending payment via money order... I will leave this open until I receive it.