Steam Engines > Steam engines

Trying to get feedpump right

<< < (2/5) > >>

JW:
We made a small modification after the engine failure... This is not needed on modern engines, exhaust side porting also, can avoid trapping condition.

//www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZasy9XNbYU

//www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2TJQSOHgx8
The injector can handle 10,000psi before self opening.

//www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-5UIxJ11iY

JW:
Just to give some piece of mind, the large Argon tanks are used for dynamic testing only.

The link points to how the engine cycle works, its actually pretty safe, but you have to run dynamic tests to test how various systems are working.

https://flashsteam.com/steam-engine-project-part-3/

Frank S:
Thank's JW your project just became a lot clearer to me.
 I was having a hard time understanding the need for the type of injection system you are using.
 I don't know why it wasn't registering with me that basically you have a diesel engine running on steam.
 Using the super heated steam to flash high pressure hot water into even more steam

JW:
Thanks Frank,

The diesel engine anology is correct.

Two things to consider, the injection system on a diesel has a fixed lift injectors, so ya you could run it that way, but you would not be able to throttle efficiently, by just reducing injector presure would do something called "wire drawing"

The injector valve that I patented has a feature called variable lift, primary and secondary stops. In this way maximuim pressure can be fed to the injectors, and lift setting can be controlled to throttle the engine.

The other concern is that 18 to1 compression ratio, is too high in my opinion. Acording to my calculations 9.5 to 1 is preferred, steam has more density than air.

All my patents are expired (free to use) since I cant afford the maint fees. Im just happy that my ideas are documented. :) 

JW:
Just in case someone works on diesel engines- I have studied diesel metering pumps, its not variable lift but I believe its variable displacement. So instead of other methods the pump physically controls the injection volume event.

This is why I went thru all the trouble to make a custom injector with variable lift. </> the flash steam event on that type of system would destabilize the flash steam reaction, IC engines are no problem because your burning fuel

Also to be considered is that water in a diesel metering pump would render it useless in short order. Diesel fuel has lubrication property's.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version