Homebrewed Electricity > Site News

Glad to see this place is still around

(1/1)

wiredwrong:
Long time no see, life got in the way for a while but im back and excited to see what everyone has been up to.  A couple years ago I was able to buy a house and land outside of town with no building restrictions and no ordinances, I have a 16x24 outbuilding that is wired for electric but not tied into the grid. The other day I got my hands on a 120w flexible panel, charge controller, couple golf cart batteries and a 800w pure sine inverter. Picked it all up for $160, this weekend I'm going to install it in that building, I really don't have any real use for the building in mind. But at least I'll have lights and outlets in there. I have an extra living room set, maybe throw a led projector in there and let my step-son use it as an off grid game room. Maybe soon I can get my 30x40 shop offgrid also, buts that where the power tools live, it has its own electric meter so when the time comes I can just have it disconnected, maybe dump all the excess into a grid tie on the house meter. Looking forward to catching up on everything everything and sharing my projects with y'all again.

SparWeb:
OMG, welcome back!

There are lots of new names on FL, but the community lives on. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version