Author Topic: Storing hot water in IBC tote tanks?  (Read 8460 times)

MattM

Re: Storing hot water in IBC tote tanks?
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2019, 08:13:45 PM »
Vance357-

Wow, all that to say something that may be true for you but has no been true in practice.  The smart meter not only gouges us, but the interference on our electric motors is absolutely noticeable.

Vance357

« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2019, 08:33:50 PM »
Vance357-

Wow, all that to say something that may be true for you but has no been true in practice.  The smart meter not only gouges us, but the interference on our electric motors is absolutely noticeable.

Proof? Pictures of two meters that don't agree is all it would take. Or a simple oscilloscope reading of the power output. In fact, if you are having problems with your electric motors, you can call the power company and they will come out with their own oscilloscope to see if anything is wrong. They are required by law to provide a certain level of power quality. It's possible you could have a problem with your local transformer or something.

But more likely you're delusional...

Smart meters measure power by running all current through a shunt and measuring voltage drop. There is no logical reason this would cause any kind of power interference, but even if it did, it would not be FCC compliant.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2019, 09:58:07 PM by Vance357 »

JW

• Development Manager
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Flashsteam.com
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2019, 09:59:15 PM »
Vance357, I’m glad that you said that. I have been following this thread and I was afraid that someone reading this who is unfamiliar with the dangers of explosive hydrocarbons, would think that it is OK to replace the refrigerant in their air conditioner with propane.

I have actually replaced Freon with the iso butane propane mix. I did this on several cars, it does work. The problem is lubrication becomes a problem  we used mineral oil and it turned into carbon in short order.

This became an issue when R12 was being phased out. I34a works way better than it did when it entered service.

In the days of the industrial revolution propane was used as refrigerant. that was till a couple factory's blew up. Then there was a need to make non flammable refrigerant.       

Vance357

« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2019, 10:23:29 PM »
In the days of the industrial revolution propane was used as refrigerant. that was till a couple factory's blew up. Then there was a need to make non flammable refrigerant.

That's interesting, I didn't realize they used it like that in the old days. Propane is an approved refrigerant today, known as R209, and you can buy "pure" propane in refrigerant type cans, but it's not cheap. It's not approved for household use (in the US) and there is no way to add the stench to let you know it's leaking, the line filters just remove it. It is used in some industrial/commercial applications in the US and I think is more common for household use overseas.

Even while flammable, it's not that great of a danger in a small system, because it will only hold a few pounds of propane at most. But definitely needs to be in a well ventilated area.

joestue

« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2019, 10:35:39 PM »
in the uk the limit is 150 grams iirc, looks like there is some talk to move to a 500g limit

i have run across an r600 minifridge, apparently the suction side is lower than 1 atmosphere so a leak runs the risk of filling the system with air.
My wife says I'm not just a different colored rubik's cube, i am a rubik's knot in a cage.