Homebrewed Electricity > Wind

H-Darreius wind turbines ( VAWT ) !

(1/73) > >>

topspeed:
If someone is interested of these let's discuss it ( H-Darreus ) here !

I have done 2 prototypes and yesterday in 10 m/s wind I was able to get 1900 rpm reading of the wing ( on the island of Hailuoto ).
With the given measures of my turbine ( roughly ) 1 x 1 meters..it dictates a speed of 101 m/s for the wing.

Thus it yields 10.1 for TSR. G-force in the wing was beyond 100.

Enclosed is the Marious Paraschivoiu tests results in Concordia Uiversity in Canada for a 7 KW system.

I had a very underrated generator on my device...that helps it reach a higher speed sor sure.

Marius Paraschivoiu is the son of Ion Paraschiuvoiu who  is a master in H-Darreius research.

electrondady1:
1900 rpm ! :o

Bruce S:

--- Quote from: topspeed on June 12, 2019, 01:13:25 AM ---
I have done 2 prototypes and yesterday in 10 m/s wind I was able to get 1900 rpm reading of the wing ( on the island of Hailuoto ).
With the given measures of my turbine ( roughly ) 1 x 1 meters..it dictates a speed of 101 m/s for the wing.

--- End quote ---
1900 rpm at the wing? what part of the wing? This does matter.
Do you happen to have a picture of the measuring device showing these RPMs?
Also would like to know if this was loaded or unloaded.
IF loaded what type of load ? any measurements of watts produced?

Bruce S

topspeed:

--- Quote from: Bruce S on June 12, 2019, 03:38:47 PM ---
--- Quote from: topspeed on June 12, 2019, 01:13:25 AM ---

--- End quote ---
1900 rpm at the wing? what part of the wing? This does matter.
Do you happen to have a picture of the measuring device showing these RPMs?
Also would like to know if this was loaded or unloaded.
IF loaded what type of load ? any measurements of watts produced?

Bruce S

--- End quote ---

Hi Bruce,

No picture to show the reading...this is very unofficial. In fact it was very tricky ( and dangerous ) to take the speed measurement as it sometimes showed the double speed of 3600 rpm..as the device also measured the wing going behind ( if not pointed correctly ).

It only has a used bicycle hub generator with  a light swiched on...so there was 30-50 watts at tops the resistance..as the wing sweeped at 365 km/h.

Good thing about my turbine is that I can always repeat the test and even enhance the machine. It has no marks of wearing down...yet.

I think it measures the wing upper side.

Juke

PS: The Kavan was on two props and showed 19 on it..once...18 more times.

SparWeb:
I hope you plan to install a much larger generator than 30 W.  Your blades are overspeeding and despite your current success they will probably find a way to fly apart if they continue to run that fast.  Your machine seems to have much more aerodynamic power available than you are taking out with the generator.  In fact, you really should be looking for a ~200 Watt load or perhaps more.
There's some potential so I hope you get the chance to show it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version