Homebrewed Electricity > Wind

H-Darreius wind turbines ( VAWT ) !

<< < (2/73) > >>

topspeed:

--- Quote from: SparWeb on June 13, 2019, 03:30:50 AM ---I hope you plan to install a much larger generator than 30 W.  Your blades are overspeeding and despite your current success they will probably find a way to fly apart if they continue to run that fast.  Your machine seems to have much more aerodynamic power available than you are taking out with the generator.  In fact, you really should be looking for a ~200 Watt load or perhaps more.
There's some potential so I hope you get the chance to show it.

--- End quote ---

Yes thanks SW,

We are on it..possibly a car part could do the trick ( 1 kw ).

Juke

topspeed:
There is something very weird here now.

The G-force is 2000 when we recounted it.

I did think the pivoting system and actuator sorta divide the metric ton pulling force in to sturdy 3-point attachment points..but also the 1,5 mm thick plywood covering is to blame too. The weird foil is optimal for stressed skin..kinda like shell structure.

I am pretty sure it will brake at 15 m/s wind.

topspeed:
Batteries must be dying..or some reflection makes a double signal...1900 / 4 would be 475 rpm.

topspeed:
Here is vital info that possibly explains why the wing did not explode week ago...spanwise flow.

https://aviation.stackexchange.com/questions/38482/where-is-the-spanwise-flow-how-does-the-span-wise-flow-point-the-air-towards-th

topspeed:
I have now tested two times with a new rpm meter.

More modest data available. ;)

Highest speed was 377 RPM...yielding around TSR of 3.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version