Author Topic: Steam Engine Build on Blondihacks  (Read 2807 times)

SparWeb

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Wind Turbine Project Field Notes
Steam Engine Build on Blondihacks
« on: July 03, 2022, 10:47:55 AM »
This is a fun channel, and coming back to check in after a few weeks away, I realize Quinn is now building a steam engine from a raw castings kit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jyYHHLbP84

First part of a long series (that isn't finished yet).
No one believes the theory except the one who developed it. Everyone believes the experiment except the one who ran it.
System spec: 135w BP multicrystalline panels, Xantrex C40, DIY 10ft (3m) diameter wind turbine, Tri-Star TS60, 800AH x 24V AGM Battery, Xantrex SW4024
www.sparweb.ca

JW

• Development Manager
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Flashsteam.com
Re: Steam Engine Build on Blondihacks
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2022, 11:54:02 AM »
I will be making steam monday. Going thru some modifications today and tomorrow with the burner have to install catalyst screen. Its high quality stuff, I cut the section today with a die grinder. Have plenty of solid fuel (whole corn kernels). I don't have a working camera now. The other option is a digital video camera. I can process that if the forum will upload the video. Thinking charging everything up.

The other special modification is the air injection to the afterburner. At first I used compressed air from a shop compressor. Problem is if you are in a isolated location, there's no air compressor. I have this weird habit of walking around the thing. There are several running systems that have to be up, not a problem, I will make steam tomorrow...

This is a "flash steam" type of steam engine. The advantage is the there is no storage boiler..;.; I had to invent a variable lift direct injection valve. Everything worked I have run the engine, also on occasion I have charged the thing with direct 2400psi Argon. It runs for about a half hour and I can throttle it easily. :)

ruddycrazy

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2022, 04:58:17 AM »
Now as much a steam engine but my flash boiler I made never really worked and I made what we call a BD burnder. Just a 3/4" copper pipe with a 0.7mm hole and some 2" copper trimmed to get the air/fuel ratio and one end has a 1/4" bsp thread for connecting to a lpg tank.

Installed that and running on 4 psi it went thru 20 litres of water in about 5 minutes and the steam output was one to behold, so now just goto make a wand then I can use steam for mashing grains to make that whisky that just so dammed good.

Also I need to dig out that ol' 5hp Briggs&Stratton engine where I converted it to 2 stroke and see if can run it using that flash boiler which was made for that project and shelfed due to not enough steam to kick the engine over where 30 psi of air will have the engine doing 250 rpm

JW

• Development Manager
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Flashsteam.com
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2022, 05:09:14 PM »
 OFF grid internet

Yes No maybe,

Admins this can be moved to any place.

I have some good links.

JW

• Development Manager
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Flashsteam.com
« Last Edit: November 30, 2022, 05:46:58 PM by JW »

JW

• Development Manager
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Flashsteam.com
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2022, 05:49:35 PM »
Found a critical check valve today. The first one was better than current used. still waiting for new camera. there is a delay on youtube videos for now. Its best if wait till latter on to say anything related to these servers. the less you say is better, fieldlines is all set till 2024
« Last Edit: December 01, 2022, 06:29:23 PM by JW »

Mary B

• Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2022, 11:53:32 AM »
https://buy.viasat.com/en-US/r/pln

https://buy.viasat.com/en-us

dish

Starlink is another option for off grid internet.I got a flyer the other day saying my location was eligible... I have 1 gig fiber now so not going sat internet again.

JW

• Development Manager
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Flashsteam.com

JW

• Development Manager
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Flashsteam.com
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2022, 06:52:45 PM »
Just checking some stuff

[quoteMary B=]Starlink is another option for off grid internet.I got a flyer the other day saying my location was eligible... I have 1 gig fiber now so not going sat internet again.[/quote]

JW

• Development Manager
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Flashsteam.com
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2022, 06:53:56 PM »
Everything is working fine :) I'm thinking satellite, dish

https://www.fieldlines.com/index.php/topic,144905.msg985604.html#msg985604

Dam have to be logged in  to  follow the link

« Last Edit: December 02, 2022, 09:28:52 PM by JW »

JW

• Development Manager
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Flashsteam.com
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2022, 02:43:41 PM »
This is what im talking about with logged in diary's.

Also the database is huge but if you don't have 2000 posts you don't know its there.

Gone are the days people getting hit with "oh just do a search on the forum" to new users

If you see my posts with like 3000 posts

These older members know how sort things