Miscellaneous > Logged in diaries

General Electric lawn mower

(1/2) > >>

JW:
General Electric lawn mower.

My grandfather gave me this mower I remember messing with it when I was a collage. If anyone can find a schematic or other information about it let me know.

Oh ya I changed image attach from 5 to 7

CraigM:
Remember seeing an article on Builditsolar website about a GE electric lawnmower. Might be able to track info down from there.

https://www.builditsolar.com/Projects/Vehicles/ElecTrak/ElecTrak.htm

Hope this helps,
CM

Mary B:
Interesting... if the motor in my Sears rider tanks it would be fun to add an electric motor tied to the hydrostatic drive... would vibrate a heck of a lot less than that 1 cylinder 21HP Briggs!

JW:
I was impressed with it, then my grandpa past it on to me, my dad and nephew had it and cut a bunch of cables etc.

As far as im concerned they ruined it. But you cant tell them that...

JW:
Hi Mary B,

Sorry if I replied to this wrong, been going thru some issue's and not been thinking clearly. Today I made the break thru and things are working right now.

--- Quote from: MaryB ---Interesting... if the motor in my Sears rider tanks it would be fun to add an electric motor tied to the hydrostatic drive... would vibrate a heck of a lot less than that 1 cylinder 21HP Briggs!

--- End quote ---

The one thing Im wondering about is the drive motor is it 3 phase, I see some SCR's in there. I know that RC motors are brushless. The performance from my experience has been the brush less motor wins out. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version