Homebrewed Electricity > Other

what kind of resin?

<< < (2/2)

DanG:
Maybe look into R/C Model paints? 

There are other brands of same technology sealant - The degreaser and zinc etching is optional - that smallest size can of sealer is the magic...

Remember modern gasoline is a cocktail of refinery left-overs: Naphthas, benzene, toluene, xylene, alcohols, ethers, butane, and pentanes, any one of which might poison an otherwise good resin. The effort to re-do the project and chance of carburetor damage would lead me back to the expensive stuff.

makenzie71:

--- Quote from: electrondady1 on December 30, 2019, 10:34:47 AM ---thanks for responding . i checked out the tank from my old snow blower motor but  it has a different carburetor layout . i don't need this thing till spring .  the Canadian price for this Por 15 stuff is 80 dollars. the kit includes a lot of stuff i don't need and only 1/2 pint of resin .  i don't want to invest that much .  i think i will clean out the tank like the you tube videos show and then pour in some kind of two part resin. .

it might be a way to burn my shop down but i was considering a way of heating some polyethylene to a liquid  state on my wood stove and then pouring that in  and swirling it around. letting it harden up. since the pin holes are on the bottom of the tank perhaps just depositing  a layer of  plastic chips in the tank and then heating the whole thing up on the stove might  seal the pinholes up .

--- End quote ---

You actually do need all the stuff that comes in the prep kits and if you don't use them there's a good chance the epoxy won't adhere to the metal.  A pint of epoxy will go a long way, though.

What model briggs is it?

Mary B:
Smaller kit made for motorcycles and lawn mowers https://www.speedwaymotors.com/Lawn-Mower-Motorcycle-Fuel-Tank-Liner-Kit,73781.html Still $32

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version