Steam Engines > Refrigeration

Recharging freezer with Freon

<< < (2/3) > >>

JW:
@XeonPony

I have actually charged a system with iso butane and it actually works for a R12 system. After sometime the oil will turn to carbon.

I use 134a in cars and this fridge specifies that its using 134a so it will be an easy recharge. Like said before I will add UV dye when charging the freezer.

I plan on using the vacuum pump if there is no pressure.

Heres a look at my parts got them today.

JW:
Finally got to this project

adapter

Add UV dye

Add freon to low side

charge to 30lbs

check for leaks

Success

JW:
Been doing some tweaking

I intally found two other things that were wrong, fixed them and everything as good as I hoped. The spec- running temp is "0" degree F

I managed to get the system charged to 20psi low side, then tracked a problem where the circulation fan wasn't turning on. After that it seems everything is working down to -5 f

JW:

https://www.google.com/search?q=deep+freeze+freon&rlz=1C1VDKB_enUS1049US1049&oq=deep+freeze+freon&aqs=chrome..69i57j0i22i30l2j0i390i650l3.33211j0j15&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

OperaHouse:
I have a 5CF chest fridge that lost gas after three years. I found it too small so I just bought another 7CF unit. I read this theory that refrigeration units that are left idle for a long time will loose gas. There may be something to it. If lubricating oil isn't cycled thru on a regular basis, refrigerant may leak thru pinhole leaks faster.  I have the vacuum pump, refrigerant, meters, tap and hoses.  I just can't seem to get them all together at the same time.  I'd like to have a cooler just to keep fruit and other things at about 45F. Someday.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version