Homebrewed Electricity > Other

Battery pack made from several small modem packs

<< < (2/2)

TDC:

--- Quote from: richhagen on January 29, 2020, 09:00:07 PM ---To assist in this I did purchase a charger which has built in diagnostics, a Liitokala Liiengineer-500 model, which has a test function to measure the cell capacity in mAH, and the internal resistance.

--- End quote ---

Great post, lost of good info.  Just a couple comments. 
It's best to store lithium around half charged and many good chargers have a 'storage' setting around 3.7v.
For batteries in parallel, it's best that they be "married at birth". If one is in different condition than another, there is current flow between cells. Hmm.. would the BMS reduce or even prevent that?

I've used an iCharger 206B for years and love it, five star reviews.  It has USB port for data logging and can charge everything from a semi truck to a cell phone.  It's an inverter charger intended to charge or discharge RC batteries from a car battery or power supply. It can also do high power regenerative discharge by pushing the lipo power back to a car (or other) battery.  I've used it to load test everything from tiny lithium to deep cycle lead acid. It's very versatile and could be useful for those with wind or solar. It also has a battery temperature sensor, internal resistance check and other features.  It can do 20 amps & 300 watts.   
https://www.progressiverc.com/icharger-206b.html

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version