Author Topic: Coil winding  (Read 1538 times)

GreenTeam

Coil winding
« on: July 02, 2020, 03:45:23 PM »
Is it possible to wind magnet wire over existing stators and add that copper to the previous coils in place? If there is lots of room?

SparWeb

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Wind Turbine Project Field Notes
Re: Coil winding
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2020, 09:39:28 PM »
Do you mean in a way that makes the stator thicker?

Or somehow break the coils out of the potting resin and wind around the diameter?

Either way it's a tough call.  Probably hard to do neatly - but not impossible?
Then there's the connection - in parallel the coils have to match perfectly, while in series the resistance goes up -> less current guaranteed.

Is it any less work than just re-winding new coils?  No, it would take longer and making fresh coils would be much neater.
No one believes the theory except the one who developed it. Everyone believes the experiment except the one who ran it.
System spec: 135w BP multicrystalline panels, Xantrex C40, DIY 10ft (3m) diameter wind turbine, Tri-Star TS60, 800AH x 24V AGM Battery, Xantrex SW4024
www.sparweb.ca

bigrockcandymountain

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2020, 08:54:23 AM »
You mean on the samsung motor in your other post?

What would you be trying to accomplish by adding wire? Do you need more volts per rpm?

I think yes you could wind more on if there is room.

GreenTeam

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2020, 01:55:40 PM »
Yes, the Samsung stator rotor in my other post! I would throw up a pic of it , but I cant right now. The Samsung rotor looks as though there is alot of space between all the teeth ( copper coil ). And I have alot of reddish wires I took out of two hoverboard wheels that looks about the same gauge. I was hoping I could actually take more strands and wind it over the current winding and double or even triple up the wire? And at the end attach them all so it's basically two layers of coils. The stock wire will have another layer wound on top from me.

Does this make sense? Not sure how else I can word this lol \o/