Homebrewed Electricity > Storage

IN a Pandemic, my batteries decided they had it with their existance!

(1/7) > >>

XeonPony:
Shorted battery took the rest out, they where all in failure mode, so this forced me to replace them all, I suppose all things given it has given me some thing to do and now my power worries are gon for at worst 5 years and at best 10.

Due to the slow activity I figured I'd post the pictures of the new bank and up grades to the distribution system

They only had the six in stock at the time

Riveted and soldered with silver solder.

All batteries in place and one buss bar finished!

And got the second buss bar don and all of the single point watering system attached.

I have yet to finish the middle point buss bars, first I will move the main power connections to it, so I can get rid of the rats nest of wires!

The copper pipe is 3/4inch Type L, bulk of my research says that should be equivalent to ruffly 2awg to 0awg wire.

SparWeb:
XP
Ugh what a moment of panic on top of all the rest of the stress that must have been.
Looking good and much more orderly as you sort through the bus bars.  Do you have a tubing bender?  I can see a way to make the intermediate bars with a Z shape so you wouldn't need to do any soldering there.  The soldering I do see looks great, though.  Plus rivets - - belt and suspenders as they say.

XeonPony:
No, I get to do it all by the good old fashioned hammer method. I'm changing them to 4 parallel one serial Vs current config, hoping for better cell balancing doing it that way.

I used high heat silver solder, all joints sanded cleaned in alcohol, then fluxed. I do not want to mess with it for a loooooong time after this!

So far huge improvement barely ran the gen set at all now.

I'm just working on forming and honing the positive strip where I will bolt the charger, inverter and such.

bigrockcandymountain:
Very cool busbar idea.  I have wrecked a lot of batteries with uneven parallel wires.  Your effort is definitely worth it. 

Do you have pictures and specs on the rest of your system?  And a quick list of what you run with it? People ask me a lot of questions about off grid systems and i only really know mine.  It is nice to see different size systems for comparison. 

DamonHD:
Should you not at least for OCD's sake, and minimum current imbalance, draw power from opposite corners rather than the same side as it appears you have there, even with those lovely bus bars?

Rgds

Damon

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version