Homebrewed Electricity > Other

Generator trouble

<< < (2/2)

bigrockcandymountain:
So, here it is new years gone and i finally fixed this generator.  It was the spark arrestor screen in the muffler plugged full of carbon.  I pulled it out and it runs like new.

I might try to get a new one, since the old one went to pieces when i tried to clean it.  I may just run without one. We live in a very fire prone area, but I'm careful about fire to the extreme, so it would never get run anywhere near dry grass etc even with a spark arrestor. 

I'm almost positive i tried running without the muffler last time i looked at it, but i guess maybe I'll just have to say that i inhaled too much exhaust that day. 

SparWeb:
Things like generators... you have to also consider the day you loan it to a neighbour or you have a helpful family member lending a hand with a project, and they start it up NOT knowing about some of your workarounds...  Still not likely to be the end of the world, but the chances are higher that something could go wrong because they won't be expecting it.

Wait a minute, don't you have a mobile generator in that welder you just got?  Boy a guy has to be either lucky or just really busy to need two mobile generator sets...

bigrockcandymountain:
Point taken about lending it out etc. I'll try to find parts to fix it right. 

Ya the big welder makes a very nice genset.  I was actually thinking i might sell this one. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version