Miscellaneous > Logged in diaries

An Proto-Teach Éireannach

<< < (119/119)

Astro:

--- Quote from: Mary B on February 05, 2022, 01:30:00 PM ---I have go rounds on twitter over green energy madness. Look the USA is going green! As China has 500+ coal plants that  are going to be built over the next 30 years..."But that isn't here, our air is clean!"... *beats head on desk* you do know that pollution circles the planet? "But our air is clean!" NIMBY not in my backyard types..."But my electric car doesn't pollute at all", let me see... iron mining, copper mining, oil for the plastics, lithium open pit mines for the batteries, cobalt mines  with child slave labor in Africa for the motors etc etc etc your power is coming from a coal plant most likely, or natural gas peaking plant, or a nuke plant with a 100,000 year pollution problem! "But my car is green!" *beats head on desk*

Sorry for the rant.. the lack of education today is criminal!

--- End quote ---

It comes down to critical thinking. The inability for people to think beyond 5 min from now or think a problem all the way through is almost non existent.
 It is rather sad and as you said very frustrating.

Mary B:

--- Quote from: Scruff on February 05, 2022, 01:31:50 PM ---I think money's broken folks. I'll think about it some more and get back to yee. I found a great use for this hole I dug...I'll put a hatchet in it and go spend time with my family while I think about how to make things better for the world we are giving the next generation.

--- End quote ---

Big part of it is easy money... I grew up without most everything... went hungry when we had a bad garden year... I learned at an early age that you work if you want something. As many of us did. We weren't handed everything like kids are now. So we value what we have...

MattM:
Maybe not the best commuter car, but I could get behind something like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njkoZLWx74Q

MattM:
Another look at the simplicity of a cycle-car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQWCzPd8FXw

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version