Homebrewed Electricity > Wind

My First Vawt Project

<< < (19/19)

SparWeb:
Thanks for the update!
It's rewarding to know that it will last, after all that work.

Have you put drains into the blades to let the water out?

topspeed:

--- Quote from: tjm2000 on September 10, 2023, 02:53:39 AM ---It is still running!
I dont live on site anymore (its at my parents house) but I give it a good going over every 3 months or so.
I take the blades off for a few weeks every winter to do repairs. They still get water inside and then I think that water freezes and cracks the blade. All blades have numerous repaired cracks on them now. I replaced the L brackets that hold the blades on as some of them were turning white at the angle, likely the aluminum fatiguing.
Its on its 3rd set of bearings and its 6th coat of paint.
Otherwise no other issues. Output still seems to be the same and it easily powers an office containing 2x lights, a computer and a mini split for heating/cooling.
I still dream about building another but I dont have a suitable location or a need for it right now, and its tough to go past solar considering how cheap it is getting.

--- End quote ---

Outstanding achievement. I also got my wings flooded when I forgot to duct tape the seems. I dried it up and did more testing. :o

All other wood parts also got swollen....and after drying out all bolts were loose. I had to retighten them.

JW:
Our database is loaded with this stuff
https://www.fieldlines.com/index.php/topic,146204.msg999075.html#msg999075

4/26/2024

scroll up

topspeed:
I have finally constructed a new tower that resembles yours in a way. 3" x 3" lumber as legs.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version