Author Topic: A Eco salt swimming pool  (Read 1445 times)

clockmanFRA

• Renewable Energy creation
A Eco salt swimming pool
« on: August 30, 2020, 03:22:47 PM »
Finished this project in July this year, 2020, Started last year in October.

I thought Bruce might come the end of this year on his World tour and stay for a few days.

Its powered by our own Ozinverter and AC coupled power supply that we create here at Le Vivray.

Its a 10m by 4.5m, sloping bottom from 1.1m to 2.2m at the deep end. Fiberglass pool constructed down in the south of France.  I got in the ground October 2019 and spent several months of compaction and then putting minimum concrete reinforcement around the sides at the top. Then many months laying the hundreds of 500mm x 500mm slabs when the weather and my work permitted.

The pool is on sloping ground with the deep end section 5ft above normal ground level.  There is a low wall and low wood panel fencing so folk can not see in, but the views in the pool area are stunning as you look down the valleys.

Its a salt water pool with a sanitizer cell and PH stabiliser system. Sand and gravel filter unit, a 2.6kW counter current that's pneumatic controlled at the push button on the side of the pool  so you can swim against a flow current.

Also got a Air source heat pump 3.2kW to heat the pool water and heats the water to around 32c /85f.  And all supplied by our own power supply.
Because its salt water then there is a solar shower at the pool side to wash down with ordinary fresh water.

Here is a few photos for you to show the other half Bruce.

My youngest boy,  13, with Dimitri's youngest girl aged 15.

My youngest in June before i had finished the wooden fence panels.

And in the early evening the pool is lit.

The building in the background in the last photo is guest/friends accommodation.

« Last Edit: August 30, 2020, 03:36:14 PM by clockmanFRA »
Everything is possible, just give me time.

OzInverter man. Normandy France.
http://www.bryanhorology.com/renewable-energy-creation.php

3 Hugh P's 3.7m Wind T's (12 years) .. 5kW PV on 3 Trackers, (8 yrs) .. 9kW PV AC coupled to OzInverter MINI Grid, back charging AC Coupling to 48v 1300ah battery

MattM

Re: A Eco salt swimming pool
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2020, 04:20:31 PM »
You can really justify sneaking outside when the wife wants you to get busy.  The pool always needs cleaning :)

Bruce S

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
  • USA
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2020, 11:01:17 AM »
That building in the background may become FULLY occupied :-(). What are your long term rates  :)?

Very nice!!
Have you gone the traditional route of keeping the salinity levels the same as the Ocean?
Had a friend down south who couldn't be around chlorinated pools (Pepa here on the forum ) he'd been in a chlorine accident all but destroyed his lungs   :'(.
I remember staying a bit longer at his home to sort out the damage done to the PVC piping from the salt water.

Cheers
Bruce S

A kind word often goes unsaid BUT never goes unheard

clockmanFRA

• Renewable Energy creation
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2020, 03:28:05 AM »
The salt water of the pool is about 3,000 to 5,000 PPM.

The salt comes from the salt pans of south of Spain and the south of France.  All our in and out pipes are 3 inch diameter and are the flexible type, but not flexible once installed.   I constantly backwash all the system after every hoovering clean to pick up the fine sand that comes with the sea salt.

This photo looking South.  Thats the Air Source Heat Pump that heats the water.

Inside the Pool Control building.

That electric pump at the bottom of the photo is the counter current drive its pipes are 4 inch diameter.

That building in the background may become FULLY occupied :-(). What are your long term rates  :)?

Cheers
Bruce S

Dear Bruce,  Will you be bringing your beloved young lady?.

We are not officially open as a Gite, but at the moment about £450 a week.  If longer then please contact me for more better rates.

Remember it is its own building and not near the main house so self isolation is no problem.

Fast, fibre optic Internet access with French TV etc.

Everything is possible, just give me time.

OzInverter man. Normandy France.
http://www.bryanhorology.com/renewable-energy-creation.php

3 Hugh P's 3.7m Wind T's (12 years) .. 5kW PV on 3 Trackers, (8 yrs) .. 9kW PV AC coupled to OzInverter MINI Grid, back charging AC Coupling to 48v 1300ah battery

Bruce S

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
  • USA
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2020, 08:58:48 AM »
Ahh; I understand that your levels are less than 1/8th normal sea water

My American/French/Japanese speaking love is under contract in Misawa until late 2021.
The way things are going that'll be when we get see each other once again.

I like the look of the Air heat pump. Nice clean unobtrusive .

While my French is only good enough to get a Cafe' Americana and a Croissant, my ability to "fix" things on Fire and Ambulances are off the charts according to the FF's here. Perhaps a stop over could turn into a long term lease agreement  ;D, BUT of course that all depends on my love's needs to reconnect with family here.

IS the piping CPVC? or salt rated? Pepa had a devil of a time with plain PVC , it would soften over a short period of time.

Congrats!!
Bruce S
A kind word often goes unsaid BUT never goes unheard