Homebrewed Electricity > Controls

Electronics salvage

(1/5) > >>

GreenTeam:
What are some good electronic circuits to salvage for upcycking? I have here as an example a board from a drone I think. Or a hoverboard. What can I use on it?

MagnetJuice:
Should this Topic be in the Wind section?

DamonHD:
It can be moved if we can think of a better home...

Rgds

Damon

Scruff:
Depends on what yer after. I made a blood sacrifice of an APC UPS to my next gens.

It's rare you can reuse the circuits unless it's a mains filter, more often the sum of their parts is more valuable.

Microwaves, old tellys, washing machines, rowing machines all good for general purpose gubbins.

I keep the sheet metals, heat sinks, fans etc off everything, I throw the board in a bucket and often go picking the bones late a night when I haven't any A-stock.

Vehicle stub axle wheel hubs often have decent thrust bearings for turnips.

It all depends on what yer building. If it's through-hole soldering it's generally worth storing dry.

Nice dremel in the shot, mine had a limit switch transplant from a microwave door switch after the OE one sh1t the bed.
They're not built to last those things, I pulled a spoonful of metal sharpnel outtov the PM commutator because the air intakes of that grinder are unprotected.

Mary B:
FET's in the switching power supplies you find in most modern electronics are good to save IF the part number is on it and that part number comes up in a search. Switches, volume controls are worth saving... rest of it? debatable unless you have a specific project coming up and have the equipment to deal with surface mount IC's

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version