Formulas and calculators > Coil winding

Motorbike stator winding done wrong?

<< < (2/26) > >>

MagnetJuice:
The tests that you have done shows that the stator is good and the regulator is also good.

If it charged the other bike’s battery, it should charge yours.

You said that you tried 2 different batteries.

It looks like the voltage from the regulator is not reaching the battery or there is a short somewhere in the wiring that is draining the battery.

I would remove the battery from the bike and connect the regulator output straight to the battery and see if it charges.

If the battery charges when connected straight to the regulator, you need to check the wiring.

Ed

TechAdmin:

--- Quote from: MagnetJuice on February 21, 2021, 09:09:25 PM ---The tests that you have done shows that the stator is good and the regulator is also good.

If it charged the other bike’s battery, it should charge yours.

You said that you tried 2 different batteries.

It looks like the voltage from the regulator is not reaching the battery or there is a short somewhere in the wiring that is draining the battery.

I would remove the battery from the bike and connect the regulator output straight to the battery and see if it charges.
--- End quote ---
That's what I had done and what the direct cables I mentioned were for - to bypass any sort of shorts/draining/sorcery :) I can't start the engine without the battery so I could only try to charge the second one while the first one powers the engine up if that's what you meant. Messy, but could do.

--- Quote from: MagnetJuice on February 21, 2021, 09:09:25 PM ---If the battery charges when connected straight to the regulator, you need to check the wiring.
--- End quote ---
Guess I'll re-do the wiring once more but it wasn't charging with my wires nor the bikes ones :(

Still, thanks for your input as well!

JW:
I like this stuff

https://www.fieldlines.com/index.php?topic=129241.0

JW:
AHaaaa Ha.....

I found the missing pictures from the other post

https://www.fieldlines.com/index.php/topic,129125.msg977195.html#msg977195

TechAdmin:
That's great stuff but I don't think they can help me with my stator/regulator/"whatever the heck it is I don't know anymore" problem ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version