Author Topic: Sencenbaugh on a Wincharger Tower Now Running....  (Read 780 times)

doubledipsoon

Sencenbaugh on a Wincharger Tower Now Running....
« on: June 13, 2021, 09:47:10 PM »
It's been awhile since my last post of 7/27/2019, "Bergey XL-1 on a Wincharger Tower, now running"- the noisy XL-1 went to Ebay and I found a brand "new" (never used)  1979 Sencenbaugh on Craigslist. This superb machine has a 3 to 1 helical steel gearbox, and is considered low rpm, with a low TSR, with it's three 6-foot Sitka spruce blades. Unfortunately, the words of out grandmaster of wind generation, Mick Sagrillo, once said, "wind generators should be seen and not heard". So I'd have to give the Sencenbaugh a "C"  for it's mildly offensive sound signature, probably due to the 3-1 gearbox, but a hellava lot quieter than the Bergey XL-1, for sure! Yes, it did occur to me that the Jake is the next logical step. I remember the 1st 32 volt 1800 watt Jake I encountered. I vividly remember how blatantly quiet they were, and as the grand master again has said, "Most people don't even know that they're running without looking at them to see if the blades are spinning!"....So, if anyone out there has a Jake, I'm here to go shopping!