Remote Living > Water

Water storage tank

<< < (4/5) > >>

Mary B:
Love seeing stuff re-purposed for something totally different tan what it was intended for! I do it a LOT LOL Like my lightning entrance panel for the ham radio antennas... this was floating down the river with a case of beer and ice in it... we snagged it with a lure and pulled it in. Drank the beer, kept the cooler even though I didn't need another one.

Now it is an insulated electrical box, since it has 2 2" PVC pipes through the wall the insulation cuts down on cold air infiltration plus during a lightning bleed off event any arcing stays internal so less chance of fire. And it DOES have arc marks from that direct hit on the 2 meter antennas. Everything survived thanks to 16+ ground rods all bonded together with 1" wide copper strap.

Frank S:
Thanks for sharing your upcycled cooler / electrical box.

bigrockcandymountain:
My pvc cased well had plugged perforations recently and production was down to almost zero.  I think it was an iron bacteria sludge plugging problem. 

Anyway, my solution was to take 1-1/4" poly pipe with a 90 on the bottom and a chunk of inner tube rubber wrapped around the free leg of the 90 and clamped on to somewhat force the water into the perforations in the casing.  I pumped about 500 gallons down while working the hose up and down and around different directions un the well bore.  It washed out all the perforations and the well produces better than new. 

Something like that might work for you frank.  Its worth a shot if you think the perforations might just be plugged up.  I used very chlorinated water, so it shock chlorinated at the same time and cleaned it up very nice. 

Free beer and a free cooler and you were already fishing.  That has to be the best day ever. 

Frank S:

--- Quote from: bigrockcandymountain on June 26, 2021, 08:09:41 PM ---My pvc cased well had plugged perforations recently and production was down to almost zero.  I think it was an iron bacteria sludge plugging problem. 

Anyway, my solution was to take 1-1/4" poly pipe with a 90 on the bottom and a chunk of inner tube rubber wrapped around the free leg of the 90 and clamped on to somewhat force the water into the perforations in the casing.  I pumped about 500 gallons down while working the hose up and down and around different directions un the well bore.  It washed out all the perforations and the well produces better than new. 

Something like that might work for you frank.  Its worth a shot if you think the perforations might just be plugged up.  I used very chlorinated water, so it shock chlorinated at the same time and cleaned it up very nice. 

Free beer and a free cooler and you were already fishing.  That has to be the best day ever.

--- End quote ---

Your post actually gave me an idea to make a nozzle for the end of a 3" polly line

Mary B:

--- Quote from: bigrockcandymountain on June 26, 2021, 08:09:41 PM ---My pvc cased well had plugged perforations recently and production was down to almost zero.  I think it was an iron bacteria sludge plugging problem. 

--- End quote ---

I took home 3 nice flathead catfish between 5 and 10 pounds, released 2 20+ and a 35+ pounder! Was a great night of fishing! Got home at 4AM LOL medium heavy 6' rod, a Johnson Century reel, 10 pound test line, big hook, 8-12 inch creek chub or sucker minnow for bait and 2-3 ounce of slip sinker to keep it on the bottom. Set drag just loose enough the bait couldn't swim off with it but a catfish picking it up felt little drag, or I used a rock to hold the line down on the mud, a hit would lip the rock off the line and the catfish could take the bait because the reel was tripped to let line out(my preferred way but we don't always have mud to stick a rock into a little ways). Catfish like to grab the bait then mouth it, they don't take it all the way in their mouth right away.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version