Author Topic: 3d print?!?  (Read 11309 times)

GreenTeam

Re: 3d print?!?
« Reply #99 on: July 04, 2021, 03:49:18 AM »
I finally got some novel materials to work with in the 3d printing realm! \o/
Although, I am still stuck working with odd sized and odd shaped magnets. But, they were dirt cheap and really was intended as a
learning tool. Before I spend some real money on long trapezoid magnets.
 I am going to be ready to start printing components out of nylonX filament starting next teusday.

In terms of this bicycle generator, I printed and potted all the coils in envirotex lite epoxy. They came out like they are set in granite lol.
And, I printed off some coil cores out of iron filled PLA, and potted those in also.
Buuut, there is really nothing to bolt this stator print to! The black wheel is really small and the bolt holes in the stator mold are out near the outermost edge.
 I think that maybe it should be bolted down to a wooden frame and the generator axle goes through the frame? Coz in that case, the stator would be part of the wooden frame no?

GreenTeam

Re: 3d print?!?
« Reply #100 on: August 29, 2021, 06:04:41 AM »
I am having issues printing matterhackers Pro series Nylon. So I 3d printed some topoogy opt,ized shelf brackets that are supposudly rated to to hold 80 KG EACH. I printe to large one, and two smaller ones I am moumting my ender 3 on the wall to have to have to print bed at eye level,. I am also devising a method to have a snap together box for draft bafffles. I leaned I used to much glue stick on boroscillate glass bed. It failed, but not entirely. The peice I did manage to make was about 3 mm thick, and my partner, who has 16 inch arms could not bend it. So, if I master this, which I will in time, I want to make a progrressive wave machime like the youtube from YesEistein, But, to date no one hears he says, He gets 800 watts at about 8000 RPM. But, you can do as he did and make your own litz with 4 sub bunches and the sub bunches hook up as serial or parallel for as much as 4x the power output. SO , mayne redude the RPM down to 1000 RPM and still get a respectable 100 watts or more and with out a gasoline engine. Stay Tunes, I still have PEEK to play with, which is the strongest, but some carbon fibres are so much in demand, one could start a shop just printint it for others. Here in Vancouver, I cound out a shop charges 50 cents a gram. Which a KG or regulat PLA is only 20 25 dollars. So do the math print carbon fober, make a fortune. But, I am going to create the real Tex Energy Killer, its gonna be soooo easy, coz tex energy only works in a 40 to 50 KM wind LOL