Homebrewed Electricity > Controls

Build an inverter

<< < (2/5) > >>

Astro:
Seems like a guy needs to buy the book, get together a parts lists and where to source the parts from here in the US.
I have looked around more and found some China made inverters that are a little better price. I know you get what you pay for, but when you are looking at stacking 2-4 larger ones, it is going to get expensive if you are spending $1000 per inverter. I know I can add on as I go, but I am thinking of start up load if I wanted to put my fridge on the system. I have kind of planned it out a little and my fridge and freezer are on the wall that backs up to the garage. On the garage side of the wall there is floor to ceiling wood cabinets that someone built. Each has a 4ftx8ft sliding door. So it is a perfect place to put my battery bank and inverters and then a panel on the other side of the wall in the room with the fridge, freezer. So long story short I am going to need either a ton of little inverters or some bigger ones.

noneyabussiness:
just to add to this,  if you are going the DIY route , these control boards are practically bullet proof,  I've had one for several years and drawn 9.5 + KW at 48v for several hours at a time... I did upgrade the cooling system though and make sure you check the caps as mine they cheaped out and put 16v caps rather than 25v on it ( post regulator of course) ... they use the EG8010 chips as the oztules inverter that Clockman refers too..

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mLWrt2E

just need a transformer and relevant cabling/ fans...

Astro:

--- Quote from: noneyabussiness on October 13, 2021, 02:30:57 AM ---just to add to this,  if you are going the DIY route , these control boards are practically bullet proof,  I've had one for several years and drawn 9.5 + KW at 48v for several hours at a time... I did upgrade the cooling system though and make sure you check the caps as mine they cheaped out and put 16v caps rather than 25v on it ( post regulator of course) ... they use the EG8010 chips as the oztules inverter that Clockman refers too..

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mLWrt2E

just need a transformer and relevant cabling/ fans...

--- End quote ---

Now we are talking. What xformer would you recommend? I am thinking a 24 volt system for the purpose of a charge controller. And if I blow it up, I might need you to walk me through what capacitors to replace.

Mary B:

--- Quote from: Astro on October 12, 2021, 09:31:29 PM ---Seems like a guy needs to buy the book, get together a parts lists and where to source the parts from here in the US.
I have looked around more and found some China made inverters that are a little better price. I know you get what you pay for, but when you are looking at stacking 2-4 larger ones, it is going to get expensive if you are spending $1000 per inverter. I know I can add on as I go, but I am thinking of start up load if I wanted to put my fridge on the system. I have kind of planned it out a little and my fridge and freezer are on the wall that backs up to the garage. On the garage side of the wall there is floor to ceiling wood cabinets that someone built. Each has a 4ftx8ft sliding door. So it is a perfect place to put my battery bank and inverters and then a panel on the other side of the wall in the room with the fridge, freezer. So long story short I am going to need either a ton of little inverters or some bigger ones.

--- End quote ---

Look for ones that are dead, get them cheap... pull the transformers out, control board may be good too and might be compatible

Astro:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33035311978.html?srcSns=sns_Copy&spreadType=socialShare&bizType=ProductDetail&social_params=20351871599&aff_fcid=fbe3ed8ebe944d7a8a49ea5dbe74ceda-1634140403945-07865-_mLWrt2E&tt=MG&aff_fsk=_mLWrt2E&aff_platform=default&sk=_mLWrt2E&aff_trace_key=fbe3ed8ebe944d7a8a49ea5dbe74ceda-1634140403945-07865-_mLWrt2E&shareId=20351871599&businessType=ProductDetail&platform=AE&terminal_id=7e29e4e0c1714ab1b8c7567df2122e4d

This is kind of what I am looking for. Free shipping. But I clicked on a xformer ($200) and they said $750 for shipping. LOL.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version