Author Topic: My No3 3.7m dia, (12 footer) gets a 5 year service.  (Read 1151 times)

clockmanFRA

• Renewable Energy creation
My No3 3.7m dia, (12 footer) gets a 5 year service.
« on: November 26, 2021, 04:19:16 AM »
My No 3, 3.7m diameter, Wind turbine has local assistants to help me fit the Blade assembly.

Since COVID I have been mostly on my own with our 20-year Sustainability Project, here in Normandy.

This is the last of our Manufactured and made here Wind Turbines to get its own good 5-year service.

This NO 3 has fiberglass blades that we made here from our own moulds, and these are 3 times the weight of the normal Red Cedar wood blades.

Because they are heavy, I struggle to lift them onto there 5off mounting, 12mm dia, stainless steel studs. So here I asked my French friends Dimitri’s ladies to help me as Dimitri is away at present on a work contract.

I put the blades up to the studs and the ladies guide them into the holes in the blade assembly. Simples, but not on your own as the blade assembly is very fragile on each of the blade tips, so someone to guide is essential.

My very Big Thanks to the ladies from the Eco Log Cabin in Mardilly.

And for these very Kind French Ladies.............. Trust this okay Mods?

Mon éolienne n° 3 de 3,7 m de diamètre a des assistants locaux pour m'aider à monter l'assemblage de la pale.

Depuis COVID, je suis principalement seul avec notre projet de développement durable de 20 ans, ici en Normandie.
C'est la dernière de nos éoliennes fabriquées et fabriquées ici pour obtenir un bon service de 5 ans.

Ce NO 3 a des lames en fibre de verre que nous avons fabriquées ici à partir de nos propres moules, et celles-ci pèsent 3 fois le poids des lames en bois de cèdre rouge normales.

Parce qu'ils sont lourds, j'ai du mal à les soulever sur des goujons en acier inoxydable de 12 mm de diamètre. Alors là, j'ai demandé aux dames de mes amis français Dimitri de m'aider car Dimitri est actuellement absent avec un contrat de travail.

J'ai mis les lames jusqu'aux goujons et les dames les guident dans les trous de l'assemblage de lames. Simple, mais pas tout seul car l'assemblage de la lame est très fragile sur chacun des bouts de lame, donc quelqu'un pour guider est indispensable.

Un très grand merci aux dames de l'Eco Log Cabin à Mardilly

14489-0

14490-1

Everything is possible, just give me time.

OzInverter man. Normandy France.
http://www.bryanhorology.com/renewable-energy-creation.php

3 Hugh P's 3.7m Wind T's (12 years) .. 5kW PV on 3 Trackers, (8 yrs) .. 9kW PV AC coupled to OzInverter MINI Grid, back charging AC Coupling to 48v 1300ah battery

clockmanFRA

Re: My No3 3.7m dia, (12 footer) gets a 5 year service.
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2021, 04:42:17 AM »
When i first examined No 3, the Plywood discs on the blade assembly had and starting to turn to cardboard, as image below.

Yet again more FAKE so called marine Plywood.

So No 3 has also had new Aluminium discs to the blade assembly.

These were the Fiberglass blades from our moulds that worked well and were exactly the same as each other and had not let any water/rain/moisture in side them. So i had to use the same clamp screw holes for those stainless steel 5mm x 50mm screws.

14491-0

14492-1

14493-2

« Last Edit: November 26, 2021, 10:14:29 AM by clockmanFRA »

3 Hugh P's 3.7m Wind T's (12 years) .. 5kW PV on 3 Trackers, (8 yrs) .. 9kW PV AC coupled to OzInverter MINI Grid, back charging AC Coupling to 48v 1300ah battery

SparWeb

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Wind Turbine Project Field Notes
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2021, 03:33:29 PM »
Ici, le francais est bienvenu  :)

Connais-tu un bon traduction pour ceci?《many hands make light work》

No one believes the theory except the one who developed it. Everyone believes the experiment except the one who ran it.
System spec: 135w BP multicrystalline panels, Xantrex C40, DIY 10ft (3m) diameter wind turbine, Tri-Star TS60, 800AH x 24V AGM Battery, Xantrex SW4024
www.sparweb.ca

clockmanFRA

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2021, 03:38:07 AM »
Ici, le francais est bienvenu  :)

Connais-tu un bon traduction pour ceci?《many hands make light work》

Thanks SparWeb.
 The French language is for ever moving forwards. I know that certain parts of France would like the language to stay still and keep in the 19th century. But the youth and young people here do not mess about when it comes to change.

All 3 of my boys had to learn the traditional way of the French written and language while they were at school, and i find young French youth also struggle with traditional French.   My Boys all got through the French education system, but it amused me when the French English teacher would still be teaching English written and oral that was a good 40 years out of date and i had to hold my peace.   Most teachers would say to me at school open days, "Your children speak and write perfect French without a English accent, and Speak and write perfect English without a French accent.".

To your question, "Is there a phrase or comment" I will ask the French ladies. 
No good me asking my boys they would not context the question. No good asking the educated Mrs, as i would get the whole box of sayings. LOL

kitestrings

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2021, 10:19:21 AM »
Looking at that plywood, it appears you took it down with good timing.

Nice to have helpful neighbors.

bigrockcandymountain

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2021, 03:59:26 PM »
What diameter is the aluminum disc?

clockmanFRA

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2021, 03:04:43 AM »
These discs are 400mm diameter and 12mm thick.

clockmanFRA

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2021, 03:23:22 AM »
The New 'Kitestrings' Wind Formula.

I feel sure that all you folk here will have had this issue.

1. So you wait for a calm day to get things assembled.
2. You then wait for a non windy day to balance the blades.
3. Once you have the Turbine up in the air and already to go, then its "What Wind".

Its official, i can never get this bit correct.

And as 'Kitestrings' mentioned this. From now on this phase of a Wind Turbine is now officially called the 'Kitestrings' Formula.

So where am i with my Turbines?. Number 1 and No 2 running and generating, No 3 is still down and awaiting a calm day to balance the blades. Its been windy the last week, raining heavy, snow, ice. etc, Just typical.   

Sorry Kitestrings, but you are absolutely correct.!!!!!  hahahaha!

14508-0

kitestrings

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2021, 11:36:57 AM »
Haa!  I'm honored, though the phenomenon surely predates my observance.  I can absolutely relate though.  It can be torture waiting for that first bit of wind to confirm things are good.

Happy holidays, and winds.

DamonHD

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Earth Notes
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2021, 03:55:36 PM »
Also applies to waiting for a bit of direct sunshine to test out a tweaked solar PV system!

Rgds

Damon
Podcast: https://www.earth.org.uk/SECTION_podcast.html

@DamonHD@mastodon.social