Formulas and calculators > Coil winding

Building the sickest® VAWT ever. Brilliant minds unite please!!

<< < (2/10) > >>

electrondady1:
two stators and one central mag disk is the layout that many beginners (including myself ) envision as ideal . but that is not so.
one stator disk positioned between two magnet disks is optimum.
the mag rotors need to be made from mild steel  and thick enough to contain the magnetic flux.
48/2=24 poles
24 poles x 10mm mags @50/50 spacing= 480mm circumference at center of the poles.
480/3.14=154mm dia. at the center of the mags so add 10mm = 164mm diameter rotors.
 or 6.5 inch mag rotors.
two skill saw blades would work as the rotors..

JW:
Im thinking about the "magnetic circuit", is this even possible to have 2 stators efficiently? Im noticing the mention of skill saw blades.

hiker:
https://www.fieldlines.com/index.php?action=search2

Adriaan Kragten:
If you want to start with a Darrieus like VAWT, I advise you to first read my public reports KD 215 and KD 601. About PM-generators, you should read my public report KD 341 and an explanation about the design procedure which I gave only two weeks ago on this forum. All public KD-reports and manuals can be copied for free from my website: www.kdwindturbines.nl at the menu KD-reports. At the top of the menu KD-reports, you find the note: "Sequence of KD-reports for self-study" which gives you an idea of what subjects you will meet if you want to design a wind turbine.

brandnewb:
The issue I imagine having with saw blade disks is that they tend to be small (largest I found is diam. 30cm) and thus unable to house enough magnets to create a usable output at low rpm. And they are quite pricey.

I could do tests with the 82cm diam. 18mm OSB disks for now only weaving a single phase and spin the rotor at +- 60 rpm and see what it does. I can weave the coil for a 96 magnet first and also a 48 magnet version and compare the results.

WHen I press the insert image icon all that happens is

unable to insert an image. How is that supposed to work?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version