Formulas and calculators > Coil winding

Building the sickest® VAWT ever. Brilliant minds unite please!!

<< < (10/10)

brandnewb:

--- Quote from: joestue on December 05, 2021, 01:59:56 AM ---the steel backer plate can be half as thick as the magnets and it will do fine.

as for your prior question, its like asking what's the best transmission in the world, without specifying anything else.

the most efficient 60 rpm electrical machines would be the 120 rpm generators in hydro electric facilities. (just slow them down a bit)
a close second would be the axial flux motors used in certain US submarines to drive the propeller without a gear box. they have extremely low cogging torque and extremely low torque ripple (no those are not the same thing) so as to remove all the sources of noise that could be transmitted out the propeller.

--- End quote ---

So officially it should be 2.5mm thick steel. should I size ticker or thinner when 2.5mm is not to be sources?

TechAdmin:
Restored and unlocked.

JW:
good job...

JW:

--- Quote from: brandnewb ---WHen I press the insert image icon all that happens is
unable to insert an image. How is that supposed to work?

--- End quote ---

This what we have been talking about all along. We noticed this recently. We cant fix it just yet. Were working on it.... it is highly unusual for us to not be able to upload pics. We know what it is and how it works (thru a MOD). Thats just SMF.

Its looking like it will take another week to get it fixed.

JW

brandnewb:
and thank you. signalling respect is of paramount importance yes?

but I know you have yes? this was just small oversight yes?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version