Author Topic: Ventura wind with Aurura Inverter  (Read 906 times)

adobejoe

Ventura wind with Aurura Inverter
« on: February 02, 2022, 02:39:02 PM »
I am wondering if anyone has experience with Ventera 10 KW coupled with two Aurora inverters on grid tie.  The system I believe is 3phase on the wind output and the inverters (one looks like dual input) are producing 2-phase 240.  I know nothing about the programming/software for Aurora…..it could just be a “trip-reset” issue.  Anyone familiar with this setup?

Andy

kitestrings

Re: Ventura wind with Aurura Inverter
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2022, 03:09:35 PM »
Hi Andy,

I have no direct information, but I know there is a member here named Rob Becker; nice fellow.  I don't know if he is still active, but I believe he sells and supports solar equipment, including Aurora inverters, and has a web site called green power talk forum.  You may be able to pm him, but I'm sure you could connect with him there.  He's in Canada.  Good luck.

noneyabussiness

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2022, 05:39:30 PM »
https://www.greenpowertalk.org/

link to forum, there is a few threads on the aurora's...

Rob Beckers

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2022, 06:45:45 AM »
I'm still here!  8)
... and thank you for your kind words Kitestrings.

Andy, I've put all the Power-One Aurora info on my business Web site. It wouldn't be appropriate to link from here, but a simple search for "Power-One Aurora wind" should bring it up. Software to access the inverter is there too. Other than that, just post your questions and I'll try to answer.

-Rob-

adobejoe

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2022, 05:04:08 PM »
I am going to assess this setup, diagnostic tomorrow. Essentially, I will power up the AC side, look for any error codes on display, and view status. If good, then engage turbine. Look for faults or blown fuse/breakers. I will also note the specific model numbers of the two aurora inverters. The Ventura is a 10 KW model.
Looked at your site...a lot of downloads...not quite sure best one to start with.

Andy

adobejoe

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2022, 06:32:00 PM »
further information.  pages 114-118 of the 157 page Manual on the PVI-10/12 indicate various LED status and Warning "W" and Alarm codes "E" codes. So I will look for those on energizing. 

ON the wind side, the Wind Box Interface WBI is the function to convert the 3 phase AC wild to DC, so hopefully I can check that as well.