Remote Living > Lighting

Did not last a year

(1/3) > >>

SparWeb:
...so this is what saving energy feels like...

This one only lasted 7 months.
7 bucks each.
1 dollar per month.

I've been trying different varieties...  No value for the money.  None last long, but this was the worst.

Note: there are STILL some fixtures in my house that have incandescent bulbs in them, but haven't burned out yet (10 years after starting to swap out bulbs for CFL and LED).

MattM:
I've had about 20% of my LEDs fade or quit over their first year.  Some are still strong going on 7-8 years.

DanG:
A Catch-22 - take enough time to determine LED quality and either product has vanished or some bean-counter has revised it...

On my last move I had to leave behind 3500k outdoor floodlights that seemed to double lumen output when temperatures dropped below minus 20F... they were on dusk to dawn & half-bright dimmed w/o motion present... early adopter purchase, six or seven years later and zero chance of finding duplicates, blizzards will never be the same :)

bigrockcandymountain:
First ones i bought were terrible.  Very bad flickering etc They were cheap, about $1 a piece. 

Next ones were similar price but better.  Maybe 20% bad after a year. 

I blamed the voltage spikes and drops from having an inverter.  I guess I'm not the only one not getting great life out of them. 

SparWeb:
If you blame your inverter then I blame my grid supply.  I only run off RE when the grid is down.  There are spikes and brownouts often enough that I don't doubt that this pitiful bulb just couldn't handle a few cycles above 130V and that's why it quit.  Nothing I can prove, because I'm not going to buy a cycle-by-cycle datalogger to put on my feeder, but when the kitchen lights seem a bit too bright or too dim I know what I'm likely to measure if I stick the probes of my multimeter in a wall socket.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version