Remote Living > Lighting

Did not last a year

<< < (2/3) > >>

electrondady1:
i recall G.E. or Sylvania incandesant lite bulbs costing  .60 cents and lasting years.  now led bulbs are $7. 00 dollars and last 8 months.   are we  really progressing ?

Mary B:
I have had good luck with LED bulbs but all of them have been brand name, mostly Sylvania.

Artful Bodger:
Ive have consistent failure of 6 ikea lamps I bought.  All failures in the electronics. Cheap ones I've taken from client's homes have all been led failures, and are fixable by either robbing a led off another lamp, or just jumper it as these are normally constant current devices.
I had a failure of a Philips light fitting after 3 months and they replaced it. Not interested in the old one, so I just jumpered the failed led. I'm very disappointed to get a led failure in a big brand fitting. We'll see if it's a dodgy batch as it's installed at a friend's house.
It certainly feels like I'm getting through more modern lamps than the old room  heater tungstens.

taylorp035:
We have a bunch of LED flood lights in our house and they flicker really bad whenever the washing machine runs.  It drives you crazy.

Amy:

According to the U.S. Department of Energy, LEDs use at least 75% less power than incandescent bulbs and last up to 25 times longer.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version