Homebrewed Electricity > Solar

Time to upgrade

<< < (4/4)

ruddycrazy:
Well from 5 days of working this 100/50 has put out 26Kwh and the over night low voltage has gone from 22.9/ 23 it has risen to 24.8 and higher as each day goes past. This weekend was planned to put put the 1.5Kw as my son and the rugrats were coming down has morphed into planB where my eldest daughter and her boyfriend are coming around to help out.

Now I did try to get in to reprogramming the FM60 but those soft input keys will not respond so I can just leave it alone as it's programmed for dry cell batteries and the cutoff is 28.8 volts, so basically the 1.9Kw array can do the bulk and when getting close to float the 1.5Kw array can do it's job to top off the charge. This FM60 has been going since about '07 when the MPPT failed on our first install so I really do wonder if I wake it up with 60 amps output will it wake up or say my time is done.

Topped up the battery today and after 4 litres found 10 of the cells were filled the back 2 on the negative side took close to 2 litres  and one of my old SG testers now serve as a single cell funnel. Like with my shed array by putting 6 found 1.9Kw panels on transformed the battery and I am seeing the same thing here so my claim off living off the grid for 20 years plus on a 24 volt 600AH battery stands firm and the genset is a thing of the past.

There is a good reason why I'm going to stay at 24 volts as I did wire my 4Kw motor conversion to that voltage and soon it's going to be in the air so I do think I'll be heating a heap of hot water but I do want the location to be out the back of the farm and gotta pay the council debts first before asking.

Well August is my birthday and 60 it is so that new tractor will get to dig that big hole where it take 2 concrete trucks just to make the base for this 4Kw motor conversion which won't have a tail as a disk brake will do the job.

Eh making free power hasn't been so much fun for 20 years so this is the new upgrade.

Regards Bryan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version