Miscellaneous > Logged in diaries

Theorectical benefit of ferro magnet holder for generator

<< < (22/22)

brandnewb:
The reason I am not adopting Hallbach yet is that I am still, how ever slowly, working towards the repelling magnet single rotor dual stator coil setup.

I want to give that idea a fair chance. And of course I will also make it known if this was indeed a dead end.

brandnewb:
brother!.

Lets explore your idea ok? I like the sound of unique!!

So in terms of magnets i think I can help with this proof of concept.
I can model and print the holders.

Are there any more aspects I need to be aware of?

--- Quote from: MattM on July 12, 2022, 08:19:22 PM ---I tried to PM but the service wouldn't accept a jpg file.

Here's an idea that is unique.

(Attachment Link)

After going through all the work to make the drawing, it dawned on me that you wouldn't need to angle the stator magnets, could fill the gaps with the windings between the magnets in the stator, and could double the magnets in each rotor for much better straight-line arrangements.

--- End quote ---

brandnewb:
ohh wow. I was totally wrong about Halbach only requiring 50% magnets.

I now think it is the same amount of magnets minus 1.

Well should this be indeed the case then it tells me that Hallbach is only useful when there are no other options.

brandnewb:
the top row and bottom row are out of phase yes? by intend I assume?

{1}ahh, optical illusions at play again{1}

--- Quote from: MattM on July 12, 2022, 08:19:22 PM ---I tried to PM but the service wouldn't accept a jpg file.

Here's an idea that is unique.

(Attachment Link)

After going through all the work to make the drawing, it dawned on me that you wouldn't need to angle the stator magnets, could fill the gaps with the windings between the magnets in the stator, and could double the magnets in each rotor for much better straight-line arrangements.

--- End quote ---

brandnewb:
I am so sorry Matt ;(

I can not really be sure your intend. Also now again I think there is no phase shifting. It is rather difficult to distill.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version