Homebrewed Electricity > Hydro

Air Vents Again

<< < (5/5)

Vortechs:
The situation with the hydro pipe deteriorated until I was unable to completely bleed the air out at all and within a few days it lost all pressure. From the surface of the pool everything looked OK so I figured it had to be a partially blocked filter, unfortunately the river was in flood and it took 4 days before it went down sufficiently enough for me to be able to safely get in and pull out the filter. During that time I found out how crap my battery bank really is...  :(

After cleaning the filter I set the pipe and filter up higher in the pool so they're horizontal with no drop down. I can get away with this in winter as the pool is always overflowing, but it puts the filter closer to the source of the bubbles from the waterfall. Since doing it the stream has been in flood twice and I've had no issues with air at all. I think in the summer I will build up the front of the dam higher so the filter and pipe can be like that all the time. It'll mean my waders wont be high enough so I'll need a pair of chest waders to be able to get at it.  :o

Trev

Vortechs:
Finally Got a 3" ball valve installed and got some foam pigs to 'pig' the pipe. It went through without and problems, amazing amount of peaty mud came out, so much I was stood in a pool of it at the end. The foam pigs I got really are just sofa foam an inch wider than the pipe bore, so will be making my own when these 2 wear out.  ;)

camillitech:
Sounds good, fingers crossed. I use a dry suit when doing mine but  then I'm a retired diver  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version