Remote Living > Heating

Buried culvert type tube for heating/cooling house

(1/5) > >>

Harold in CR:
Sorry, search found nothing.
Been a long time since being on this site due to various problem with life issues.
 Anyway, Son moved to South Alabama and then had a stroke. May never work again, so, trying to help with energy bills through ground assisted air through AC duct work. Did this a long time ago and helped by direct opening into house with no duct work.
 Looking for helpful advice, I know this could help raise air temp in winter and cool the temp in summer using the A/C blower and duct work. Problem is losing marbles every day and forgetting the construction requirements.
Any experienced help greatly appreciated.

JW:
Heres what I came up with.

https://www.fieldlines.com/index.php?topic=143881.0

https://www.fieldlines.com/index.php?topic=146893.0

I know the search function currently does not work. I have been studying how it "should" work. Were working on fixing it may take a couple weeks from now.

JW

MagnetJuice:
Until the search function on Fieldlines.com is fixed, the best way to search the site is using Google.

Just type this on Google:

site:fieldlines.com

Then add search terms to zoom-in on the information that you are looking for.

Here are two examples. Notice that one is looking for heating and the other is looking for cooling.

Harold in CR:
Thanks guys. The computer language or way of looking for stuff is what stumps me.  ::)

Youtube calls this "earth tubes" is what I am looking for. Plastics don't transfer heat/cold as quick and steady as metal, so, that's why I am considering culvert tubes or equivalent.

Idea is to "dilute" the air inside the house. The house I did this in years ago, I also cut a hole in the ceiling and roof and added a solar chimney with a 20" box fan fastened inside helping move the hot air from the upper parts of the rooms.

Mary B:

--- Quote from: Harold in CR on February 18, 2023, 10:46:24 AM ---Thanks guys. The computer language or way of looking for stuff is what stumps me.  ::)

Youtube calls this "earth tubes" is what I am looking for. Plastics don't transfer heat/cold as quick and steady as metal, so, that's why I am considering culvert tubes or equivalent.

Idea is to "dilute" the air inside the house. The house I did this in years ago, I also cut a hole in the ceiling and roof and added a solar chimney with a 20" box fan fastened inside helping move the hot air from the upper parts of the rooms.

--- End quote ---

In humid climates like Alabama mold and mildew is going to be a problem, be better off with a sealed liquid loop and a car radiator and a 12 volt fan with a good shroud to fan and duct work the other side. Can use pex for the loop, deeper it is buried the better! And longer!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version