Logged in users > User Diaries

Score of a life time!

(1/11) > >>

XeonPony:
Well ones incompetence is anthers great fortune!

The story:

On a local auction site 2 Blue boxes came up, in those boxes were 384AH 80V lithium battery prototypes for some sort of industrial traction system, brand new in 2019 and not used since. Why would one has some thing and not use it?

When striping the packs down I discovered an interesting thing, top shelf components through out, but the most critical part of the battery securing the DC negative cables? 2 tiny cheap screws secured in the phenolic resin! That'll hold or so they wished! Clear signs of arcing and lose!

Interesting design, it used 3 24V racks at 384AH each, the BMS is very proprietary.

I selected the JK BMS ( B2A24S-15P ) based on a wide array of you tube reviews and experiences.

Cost: 3,200$CAD was the wining bid, but after nickle and diming it came to 4,200$ Canadian, Delivery cost 1 12" Pizza (Friend)
BMS was 200$CAD

The unit and racks taken apart:

Stripped Rack:

XeonPony:
Stripped rack continued

Included was a nice array of parts!

XeonPony:
Now I am starting to make a rigid frame for the battery

XeonPony:
BMS and fuse system installed

So far the battery is in excellent health, from auction to basement running the house took 2 weeks, during that time I spend as much possible trying to figure out the cell type and chem, best I can tell it is either LCO or LMO

So I programmed it to that, I am following the 80 / 30 rule, I am amazed at the difference compared to lead acid, this was the largest gamble I have made in my life, and to get a winning hand is a life changer!

This is my first time with lithium, so if any can spot errors or improvements do please let me know.

XeonPony:
Lastly I used some of the plugs it had come with, so should I need I can easily plug the lead acid bank back onto the system.

last thing will be to tidy up the wires and get the battery better situated down stairs and a heating system installed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version