Logged in users > User Diaries

Score of a life time!

<< < (2/11) > >>

SparWeb:
Congratulations on the discovery.  It's a great feeling to find an opportunity like that, even better when you can grab it!

Rob Beckers:
If my math is right you have 2 x 384 x 80 = 61 kWh in energy storage there? That's a GREAT deal! Congrats!

What are you planning to use as an inverter? Or did they come with one (may have missed it reading through)?

-RoB-

XeonPony:

--- Quote from: Rob Beckers on February 20, 2023, 07:28:40 AM ---If my math is right you have 2 x 384 x 80 = 61 kWh in energy storage there? That's a GREAT deal! Congrats!

What are you planning to use as an inverter? Or did they come with one (may have missed it reading through)?

-RoB-

--- End quote ---

I wish! I can only use 2 of the racks due to me running at 48V. I looked into what it would cost to make a matching rack so I could use the third one, but just to copy it would be about 5+ K!!!

So I will fix the defect on the 3rd rack, put a 25v BMS in it and sell it to recover costs, I can live with 300AH usable power for a long time given I lived with 115 for the last 3 years!

The stack is constructed 6P 7S (24v @ 384AH).  So in my configuration 6P 14S = 48V * 384AH = 18,432 Watt Hours, IF I could have cloned the rack I'd have apx 30KwH

Each 6 cell stack is isolated from the next, so it is pretty solid and safe construction. 384 AH is an odd number I end up with 64AH per cell.

I'm using my current inverter  3Kw, Pure sine wave, HF (No transformer), Built in 60Amp charger, built in MPPT (They claim 80amp capable, haven't tested yet)

I have used it with the welder, and air compressor and such, I am rather impressed with it.

Mary B:
Some sort of fire suppression system is recommended... lithium in the house is something I would NEVER do due to fire risk

XeonPony:
Ya, Halon 1211 comes to mind, and a fully sealed metal box with a vent pipe leading out side.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version